virgin in lincoln

Want to do my first Ragbrai this year and need advice on how to go about joining a team. 
p.s. I’m not an obnoxious Husker

5 Replies

mclousing, January 15, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Hey wabas, welcome.  If you really want to join a team, you will see a lot of postings about teams that you can join.  However, I do not see the need of joining the team.  I just like to ride and meet up with people along the ride you find some of the greatest people on the side of the road. 

As a virgin who sounds like going solo (I did that 2 years ago) I would recomend using one of the charter services.  I personally use PBV I originally joined them because my fiance thought I needed to join a group with a high level of EMT service personal in tow, Also they are a great group of people.

Whatever you choose I hope you the greatest amount of fun on this week long rolling circus it is a blast.

BurleyJetCreek, January 22, 2012 at 5:23 pm

<FONT face=”Times New Roman”>Wabas,
Welcome to RAGBRAI! 2012 will be my first year as well. From <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags” /><st1:City w:st=”on”>Omaha</st1:City>, I’m going to try it alone as well, wife tagging along to shop in towns across <st1:State w:st=”on”><st1:place w:st=”on”>Iowa</st1:place></st1:State> and lend support and camping logistics. I’ve been told teams provide some benefits but there will be no shortage of enthusiastic cyclists to bond with over the many miles that lay ahead.

I’m anxiously awaiting the route announcement and subsequent adventure. I’ll be relaxed and enjoying a comfortable ride on a Burley Jet Creek recumbent. </FONT>

Kudu2222, January 31, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Wabas, contact me at repddp@cox.net

Anonymous, April 9, 2020 at 1:18 am

This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Andrea Parrott.

bmyoungberg, April 10, 2020 at 5:23 pm

Fellow Husker here. Plenty of Nebraskans ride it. Consider saving the $ and just use the free truck included in the fee. It is easy and camp is quiet if you can put up and takedown a tent. Many use the free truck and don’t pay for a charter.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015