Join Us in July - Register Today!

virgin needs a manger

Anyone know of a turn of a century – cute brick hotel in Davenport for July Thirtieth? High thread count mandatory (look it up if you don’t know of what I speak)

73 Replies

Anonymous, January 31, 2011 at 12:25 pm

the motels and hotels were reserved by those in the know before the route was announced…but it is possible to find them in the bigger towns around des moines..Host families are very hospitable and sometimes let you sleep in their house with AC…Imagine a humid ragbrai night with no wind…sometimes a church or school will open their doors and let you sleep on the floor…pitching a tent is my last option.

#25712

helenheart, January 31, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Thanks Steven

That sounds good for along the route – but I like spending the night in the end town – in a yummy hotel

Is that you in the photo? I used it for my avatar for a while, last year on this forum!!

No Budweiser KY – not now, not ever.

#25713

pHIlo, January 31, 2011 at 12:35 pm

helenheart said:

No Budweiser KY – not now, not ever.

I’ve got a photo!!!!

#25714

helenheart, January 31, 2011 at 12:40 pm

pHIlo said:

helenheart said:

No Budweiser KY – not now, not ever.

I’ve got a photo!!!!
hush

#25715

Anonymous, January 31, 2011 at 12:43 pm

no, it’s not me..someone send it to me as an email..maybe I should change it so I don’t step on any toes.. 

#25716

“Bicycle Bill”, January 31, 2011 at 12:46 pm

helenheart said:

“Bicycle Bill” said:

I was talking about sharing…….
You don’t snore or sleepwalk or anything like that, do you?

-“BB”-

Yes – I snore, sleepwalk and clean out wallets when you’re not looking.
Between the cost of the room — inflated because of the weekend, no doubt — and the dinner (and wine) we would have enjoyed earlier, the wallet would probably have been cleaned out long before you would have a chance to get to it!

-“BB”-

#25717

Anonymous, January 31, 2011 at 12:50 pm

OK helen, I changed to a pic of my rag bike..a 1974 panasonic touring.. 

#25718

Michrider !!!, January 31, 2011 at 12:54 pm

helenheart said:

pHIlo said:

helenheart said:

No Budweiser KY – not now, not ever.

I’ve got a photo!!!!

hush

#25719

jwsknk, January 31, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Altoona has Adventureland right close to Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino.
http://www.adventureland-usa.com/

#25720

helenheart, January 31, 2011 at 1:29 pm

steven z said: OK helen, I changed to a pic of my rag bike..a 1974 panasonic touring.. 

Nooooo – I didn’t mean for you to do that!!!! If it had of been you, I was gonna apologize – cos I was calling that guy my boyfriend last year! I wuv him.

KY – no photos this year, that’s for sure.

Beebs – good point!!

#25721

Tony, January 31, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Gee I should have checked the forum sooner today. But I have been busy working on the charter service today. Anyhooo HH would you like a B&B or a nice hotel. Most will be booked for the Bix. But I’m sure I can find you something. And my thread count is just fine, thank you. Just ask my cats. I only keep the carpeting because it hides stains.

#25722

helenheart, January 31, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Tony said: Gee I should have checked the forum sooner today. But I have been busy working on the charter service today. Anyhooo HH would you like a B&B or a nice hotel. Most will be booked for the Bix. But I’m sure I can find you something. And my thread count is just fine, thank you. Just ask my cats. I only keep the carpeting because it hides stains.

I’m thinking hotel. What about BlackHawk – is it old? Do you like it?

You know what a thread count is????? Impressive. xo

#25723

helenheart, January 31, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Never mind the BlackHawk – it’s $180 a night with a 2 night minimum.

Darn.
But there is room if any wants to know.

#25724

Michrider !!!, January 31, 2011 at 4:56 pm

helenheart said: Never mind the BlackHawk – it’s $180 a night with a 2 night minimum.

Darn.
But there is room if any wants to know.

U getting cheap???

#25725

helenheart, January 31, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Michrider said:


U getting cheap???

That’s one word for broke!

#25726

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters