virtual route party free water bottle

has anyone received their free water bottle?

8 Replies

klkoopman, April 3, 2021 at 8:49 am

This is the history: The route announcement party was announced that it would be virtual and cost $25 to benefit the IBC. There seemed to be some consternation about that among the faithful. Then a couple weeks later, a post announced that a free metal water bottle would be sent to registrants. No mention if this was for existing or “new” registrants going forward. The posting quietly disappeared after a couple of days.

My theory is that a RAGBRAI employee was enjoying a few drinks on a Saturday night and was thinking “How can we improve lagging saies of the route announcement party?”…..then…..”I know, how about a free water bottle!” There was a sloppy computer log-on and the rest is history. Then, Monday morning there was a “You did what?!?” in the office and the posting disappeared. That’s my theory and I’m sticking with it!

Sandaltan ., April 3, 2021 at 9:11 pm

A RAGBRAI official explanation is needed.

RIDE RIGHT

KenH, April 5, 2021 at 10:45 am

I have not received a water bottle for my VRAP registration.

I did receive a nice metal water bottle with my name on it from my employer. It was in lieu of last year’s dinner for two office Christmas party at a very nice restaurant so not impressed.

If RAGBRAI wants to send me a sticker I can slap that on the company water bottle and call it good!

Alan_50501, April 13, 2021 at 3:46 pm

I have not received anything yet

klkoopman, May 2, 2021 at 9:42 am

Just received my metal water bottle, thank you RAGBRAI!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI