RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Waivers being processed?

Have they started processing the waivers for 2011 yet?   I sent mine in on the first day and have been checking the registration web site every over week.  Haven’t seen the box checked yet.  Just wondering.

216 days to go!!!!!

26 Replies

knees36, December 21, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Hmmmm…”Nebraska or Missouri.”  Is that a  bonafide hint?  Sounds like a southern route to me.

Michrider !!!, December 21, 2010 at 2:28 pm

I Glenwood to Keokuk southern enough for Knees and Davey?

Phil1961, January 7, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Everything finalized for me, just waiting for the lottery results!!

Davy Sprocket, January 7, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Phil1961 said: Everything finalized for me, just waiting for the lottery results!!

You are definitely way out front of me.  I usually submit my lottery entry a day or two before the deadline along with the waivers.  I am sure they love guys like me. LOL.

Thoreau, January 7, 2011 at 11:00 pm

My waiver was processed today.  As a first-time rider, I have no idea what about the odds for getting in through the lottery–or if it helps to apply early.  I hate to be a bother, but what are my odds for getting in?

Michrider !!!, January 8, 2011 at 6:31 am

Thoreau said: My waiver was processed today.  As a first-time rider, I have no idea what about the odds for getting in through the lottery–or if it helps to apply early.  I hate to be a bother, but what are my odds for getting in?

You’ll get in.  Anyone who wants to do RAGBRAI will get in one way or the other!

VIKING, January 10, 2011 at 9:20 am

Just had my waiver processed today. Just 194 days to go.

Thoreau, January 10, 2011 at 10:39 am

Michrider:  Thanks.  I’m still wondering what is the rate of acceptance.  Is it 50 percent, 90 percent?  I’m starting to think about what I would do with my week off for Ragbrai if I don’t get in–and wonder if there is another tour that others do if they don’t get in through the lottery. 

jwsknk, January 10, 2011 at 11:06 am

Thoreau said: Michrider:  Thanks.  I’m still wondering what is the rate of acceptance.  Is it 50 percent, 90 percent?  I’m starting to think about what I would do with my week off for Ragbrai if I don’t get in–and wonder if there is another tour that others do if they don’t get in through the lottery. 

depends on the year but alway pretty high. Even if you don’t get chosen for some reason there are always lots of them available on here as the ride gets near. Some get returned to the Register and I think they maintain a waiting list that they fill using the returns.

Thoreau, January 10, 2011 at 12:30 pm

jswknk: Thanks.  That’s good news.  Bring from the Bay Area, you don’t meet a lot of Ragbrai riders and thus the rise is all a bit of a mystery.  Can’t wait to see the small towns of Iowa and hit the road with you all. 

jwsknk, January 10, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Thoreau said: jswknk: Thanks.  That’s good news.  Bring from the Bay Area, you don’t meet a lot of Ragbrai riders and thus the rise is all a bit of a mystery.  Can’t wait to see the small towns of Iowa and hit the road with you all. 

Bay area you say, HH (helenheart) is up on the north shore and the Skunks might have some coming out from SF this year. Should have some good stories when you get back as long as one of them is not The Night Thoreau Spent in jail.

Viewing 11 replies - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI