WAKE UP OUT THERE!

2013 is over! Time to speculate about 2014!

HERE IS THE 2014 ROUTE:

Le Mars
Sibley
Emmetsburg
Forest City
Osage
Decorah
West Union
Guttenberg

60 Replies

Iceman, September 8, 2013 at 9:22 am

Sitting here on a Sunday morning. The politicians are droning on and on – same arguments, new countries or policies to condemn, etc.

So I turn to this forum for some sanity where any controversy is only as important as the weather or which vendors will show up or what routes will occur.

But this forum is uncharacteristically DEAD. What’s up?

Anonymous, September 8, 2013 at 11:19 am

I think there are too many other activities going on, at least in my little world. The weather this year has been a bit of a bummer for us biking wise. It couldn’t stop raining, it wouldn’t rain; hot as the hubs of hell, windy and so on. During vacation my wife has a bad cold and I had a gaul bladder issue but we still rode the Root River Trail that week. We still managed to get some great miles in this summer.

For you who live around NW Iowa the Oktoberfest Ride around the Iowa Great Lakes is the last Saturday in September. They feature free beer tasting from the area micro brewers. What’s more, you can taste all you want for what seems like as long as you want. Curbs are available but no Bud products.

Davy Sprocket, September 8, 2013 at 5:06 pm

This forum loads extremely slowly on my computer. Anyone else experience this? I don’t have such a problem with any other site.

Davy

knees36, September 8, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Yep, it’s slow for my older computer as well. Perhaps it’s the number of people logged in to the RAG website…really no expert here on what causes this problem, but the rest of my website visits are considerably faster. Cheers.

Davy Sprocket, September 8, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Howdy Knees! I hope all is well in Iowa.

I have a new computer with lots of RAM and a very current processor and the Ragbrai site is still very slow to load. I wonder if this slowness, if systemic, may be responsible for a reduced participation rate.

Knees, as a GU grad, we need to hook up on one of these rides soon.

Davy

knees36, September 8, 2013 at 11:26 pm

And “howdy” back to you Davy. I agree on a hookup, sounds like fun. My wife and I plan on being at GU’s homecoming again this year (classes of 59 and 61 for me so there’s no “special event” that I have to attend other than the Emeriti dinner on Friday evening~~~a freebie for all alumni who have graduated at least 50 years ago.) Are you free to get away from your Athletic Director position in KS (on a weekend when football is king) for a GU homecoming? Otherwise it looks like a RAGBRAI encounter would be the next best bet.

I wasn’t able to ride in 2012 because of a torn groin muscle, but thankfully rode RAGBRAI again this year albiet very slowly each day. Tried to stay to the right most of the time. I might have passed someone on Friday, though…ha! The good news…no groin muscle probems on the ride so it looks good for 2014 if this old bod holds up for that long. In the meantime, I’ll deep you advised if we happen to be in that fine state of Kansas for any particular reason…have relatives there and in KC, MO. Cheers and keep those knees a’churnin’. LP~and Go Jackets!!!.

Iceman, September 12, 2013 at 11:03 am

I think the silent majority is remaining so, at least with respect to this forum. I have never seen it so dead. What’s up?

Davy Sprocket, October 7, 2013 at 8:13 pm

I am not sure why, but suddenly this site is loading much faster than before. Anyone else notice this?

Davy

“Bicycle Bill”, October 7, 2013 at 8:50 pm

SHHHH!!
Don’t say nuthin’ — you’ll jinx it!

-“BB”-

Davy Sprocket, October 7, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Mums the word BB!

Davy

Amanda, October 22, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Well, I see the Register is announcing the new logo at 5:00 on Thursday. That usually causes some chatter on the forum. Anyone care to guess what the logo will be this year? Maybe soybeans!? Bicycle parts would be cool.

jwsknk, October 23, 2013 at 7:58 am

Green. lots of green in it.

Michrider !!!, October 24, 2013 at 5:41 am

Amanda: Well, I see the Register is announcing the new logo at 5:00 on Thursday. That usually causes some chatter on the forum. Anyone care to guess what the logo will be this year? Maybe soybeans!? Bicycle parts would be cool.

Iowa, corn, pigs, bikes & beer!!!!! Did I miss anything???

Iceman, October 24, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Mich – the logo will be a pig weather vane – pointing to the WEST.

Michrider !!!, October 24, 2013 at 1:45 pm

iceman: Mich – the logo will be a pig weather vane – pointing to the WEST

Damn Iceman, that’s a good one!!!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLI – 2013’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015