RAGBRAI LI Day Passes are still available!

Wanted: Ragbrai Bus!

Team looking to purchase a bus already set up for Ragbrai.

Was also wondering about what it would cost to rent an RV
 if we can’t score on the bus. Any help or advice would be
 appreciated.   

15 Replies

teamKG, January 2, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Team Kum & Go is considering going diesel. We should know within the next week or two. If we purchase a diesel bus, we will likely sell our bus as-is and leave all the goodies on it.

some of the custom items on the bus:

– faring on top to reduce wind resistance and provides storage space

– 125 gallon water tank for showers

– rack on top of bus holds 27 bikes with custom racks for wheels

– rack also has mounts for large shade umbrellas

– spiral staircase from rack down to back deck, SWEET!

– shower system and curtain that covers the entire back deck

– 3 heavy duty, under-bus, locking storage boxes

– backup camera

– shelves in back of bus to carry bags, tents, etc

– seats configured with a round party section plus two booth sections

– above seat storage shelves that we use for food storage

We have owned the bus since 1999 and every year we work on it to make sure is it road worthy, safe and one of the coolest buses on RAGBRAI!

If interested, please PM me

bus

alontako Lontakos, January 8, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Team KG,
Not sure how to send a PM, but would like more info on your bus.  I am a member of Team Spongers from Florida and we are experiencing growing pains!  Would appreciate hearing from you.
Thanks,
Alontako

Michrider !!!, January 9, 2012 at 7:09 am

alontako said: Team KG,Not sure how to send a PM, but would like more info on your bus.  I am a member of Team Spongers from Florida and we are experiencing growing pains!  Would appreciate hearing from you.Thanks,Alontako

PM’s were temporarily disabled due to the spammers!

teamKG, January 9, 2012 at 10:11 pm

If you would like more info on the bus, you can reach me at smurga@gmail.com. I can provide photos as well. Remember, it is not for sale until we decide to purchase another bus.

TeamKG

runtster57, January 10, 2012 at 8:20 am

We’re still looking.

pacer61, January 10, 2012 at 11:11 pm

We have a 1983 GMC school bus that we used a couple years on RAGBRAI. Has a 366 Chevy engine that was rebuilt in 2010. Runs great. Has top rack that we hauled seven bikes but it can hold more. Has rear platform for tubs. The interior is set up with steel bunks on one side that will sleep six on single mattresses. The other side will hold two futon couches that we slept two more people on. Located in Sioux Center, IA. Reply with contact info and I can send some pics. Asking $3,500 OBO

alontako Lontakos, January 11, 2012 at 6:58 am

Pacer61,

If you can send some pics that would be great.  My email is: alontako@gmail.com.  Thanks,
Alontako
Team Spongers

Foxy, January 11, 2012 at 9:02 am

Pacer61,
I would love to see some pics also.
hawkwrestl@hotmail.com
Thanks

“Bicycle Bill”, January 11, 2012 at 10:24 am

I remember wanting to get a new bike to use on RAGBRAI, not a bus.

-“BB”-

Michrider !!!, January 11, 2012 at 12:44 pm

“Bicycle Bill” said: I remember wanting to get a new bike to use on RAGBRAI, not a bus.

Beebs, you want one of those carbon fibre bikes what weigh 2 lbs?  How about one with the new fangeled electronic shifting?  Beebs, say it aint’s so!!!!

runtster57, January 11, 2012 at 8:08 pm

“Bicycle Bill” said: I remember wanting to get a new bike to use on RAGBRAI, not a bus.-“BB”-

New bike last year, new bus this year!  I’ll shift my own gears, thank you! From what I’ve read, it’s not much to talk about other than the front shifting.

lgriffin, January 13, 2012 at 6:48 am

The original Crude bus is still for sale. Go to https://ragbrai.com/forums/topic/crude-bus for more information.

It will be gone in a week or 2 whether we sell it or end up taking it to the junk yard.

Lee

Lowrydr, January 14, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Look thru the bikeiowa.com classifieds, there were some buses listed a while back. You may be able to do a search on it.

teamKG, January 15, 2012 at 1:54 pm

The Team Kum & Go bus will not be for sale. We decided against purchasing a diesel bus and starting all over again.

runtster57, January 21, 2012 at 9:23 am

Thanks for the replies! Lee, Send an email before you proceed with the scrap of the Crude bus. I’m still interested. We are exploring other options and I will know more in a few days which way we will decide.

My email is runtster57@gmail.com

Pacer61, Will you send pics of your rig?

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters