RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party set for Friday, January 28! Get your tickets

Warm up for RAGBRAI on GRABAAWR!

Need to get your quads warmed up for RAGBRAI’s “Iowa Crawl” across the state? Get your blood pumping and tune up for RAGBRAI on GRABAAWR  XXVI  (June 18th to 25th). Starting in Land O’ Lakes, WI at the headwaters of the mighty Wisconsin River, GRABAAWR is a 450 mile sojourn through the heart of Wisconsin along the Wisconsin River. From the Northern Highlands, through the central sand counties and finishing in the beautiful Driftless Region, GRABAAWR is a ton of fun, a few great hills and a pleasure for all cycling levels. We offer a layover day at the start with a century loop through the lush northwoods. From there we stop at Rhinelander, Wausau, Wisconsin Rapids, Mauston, Baraboo, and Muscoda. Along the way we have plenty of great pie stops, live music, and more. – including, at Baraboo, where the award winning Cajun Strangers will rock the veranda. 

For more information, drop by our website! We have legions of Iowa riders on GRABAAWR every year, so come find out what everyone is talking about.

8 Replies

Michrider !!!, February 24, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Papa who?

Papa T, February 24, 2011 at 7:45 pm

sounds like FUN!!!

Ragbrai Nation, February 24, 2011 at 9:05 pm

If I could I’d ride them all. Thanks for the invite, papawheelie!

papawheelie, February 25, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Who Papawheelie is

yeah, had a buddy who was going to open a bike shop back in the early 80’s, right after we moved to Chi from Iowa City.  (you know, Brit Rock, Flock of Hairdos, Ronald Reagan, etc). We sat around his house making up names for a shop. I thought Papa Wheelie’s as in ‘Pop a wheelie’ would be cool. He elected to open an outdoors gear store instead. I took on the moniker as a forum name. There are a couple Papa Wheelies around now.
Papawheelie (moi)is also in charge of ‘Tales of the Bike Commuter’ a series of kooky vids I make along my year round bike commute. Always looking for some imput on my modest videographic skills. The latest (Just Coffee) even has a trivia question. Answer it, drop your answer in the comments or e-mail me and get entered into a drawing for some bike stuff! (a bottle of T-9 Bike Lube – awesome stuff). If you don’t know the answer, just leave a nice comment and I’ll put you in the drawing. Enjoy!

pHIlo, February 26, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Going through Steven’s Point … one of my fav beers coming out of there … that would kill a day right there

Sounds like a good deal to volunteer!

Tony, February 27, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Phil you doing TOMRV? I haven’t decided yet. It all depends on what condition my condition is in.

pHIlo, February 28, 2011 at 10:01 am

Tony said: Phil you doing TOMRV? I haven’t decided yet. It all depends on what condition my condition is in.

I’m not sure yet either … I have the postcard stuck in the doorjam of my bathroom so it wacks me in the face everytime I go in.  I’d like to get 800 miles in before that.

papawheelie, February 28, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Point Beer. Yeah… good stuff. they rolled out a special Beer during last year’s tour: 2012 Black Ale… some kinda of “end-of-the-world-is-coming” ale… great stuff. 

If you are interested in volunteering we have just a few volunteer spots left:
send a message to: volunteers@bikewisconsin.com
We’ll send a questionnaire and see if we can slot you in. 
Riding Volunteers take  day off from Riding to help out.
Mark
PS I also volunteer for an earn-a-bike program, giving out bikes to kids doing community service.  Wheels for Winners

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI