RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Washington DC

I moved to Washington DC a couple years ago and can’t find anyone to bike with. If anyone wants to get together on weekends or whenever let me know! I need to prepare for this years RAGBRAI by biking and of course drinking!

3 Replies

JoshL, April 3, 2012 at 11:57 am

I live in Maryland just outside of DC. If you’re looking for a nice area to ride I would suggest Beach Drive on the weekends. Parts of the road are closed on weekends and I see tons of other cyclists out and about. Beach Drive goes through Rock Creek Park and up into Maryland.

tjdale, April 3, 2012 at 7:39 pm

If you are looking for organized rides, there are lots in the area. Check outhttp://www.ohbike.org/events/. I can vouch for most all of the rides listed for Delaware and the Eastern Shore. White Clay Bike Club does a great job and offers about 5 rides throughout the year. My favorite ride is the Dover Amish Ride. They even have home made pie. Shade of RAGBRAI. And if you hurry you can still get into the Face of America ride from DC to Gettysburg.

Livingmy1Life, April 5, 2012 at 11:01 am

I have a group that’s doing an overnight on the C & O trail over Memorial day weekend. I’m just organizing it now, but we have at keast 4 of us that are doing RAGRAI and trying to train together. We will have a support vehicle, so you won’t have to haul everything on your bike.
If you go to LivingMy1Life.com, join (it’s free) and join the event or the cycling group, we’ll keep you posted.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI