Washington State riders…contact me ;)

I’m writing an article about Washington State RAGBRAI riders but I need to know who you are! Please contact me as soon as possible (before the ride starts, if possible).

I’ve done RAGBRAI and know what it’s all about. This will be easy and FUN!

I’m interested in knowing about all riders but especially if there are any riders from Thurston County or its surrounding counties…the Olympia area.

Thanks!
DMbiker

15 Replies

Lianne, July 17, 2017 at 10:44 pm

I’m in Vancouver (Clark County) and will be a weeklong rider

Anne Hammond, July 18, 2017 at 1:38 am

Hi Lianne,

Thanks for writing me back! I’m very excited for you.

Have you done RAGBRAI before? Are you from Iowa? …or how did you find out about it? Are you riding with a group, family, or friend?

I’m from Iowa and rode with two friends. We had duffle bags on the semi and pitched tents.

I’d like to write an article featuring a person, or a group, or a couple different people on the ride. I live near Olympia and write for ThurstonTalk. I would let you review and approve the article (provided we could correspond online during and immediately after the ride). The article is due July 31 (2 days after the ride ends)

I would need ~5-10 (or more) photos from you — emailed or put on a web server (e.g., WeTransfer) — and I would give you photo credits. I would need the photos during the ride (ideally) or the night the ride ends (at the very latest).

Will you be taking a phone and/or camera and taking photos? Were you going to journal the trip with writing/texting/blogging? …or would you be willing to talk with me on the phone for 5-10 minutes 3 or 4 times during the ride?

Are you interested? I think it would be fun and pretty easy to do. It wouldn’t take much of your time.

Thank you for considering my request.

Anne
Paxton Hammond
(You can check me out on LinkedIn. I’m a professional writer. I used to work for IBM and the Mayo Clinic. You can also look me up on ThurstonTalk. I just wrote an article about a historical women’s group restoring Oregon Trail markers.)

Elizabeth Matzen, July 19, 2017 at 11:40 am

Hi Anne- just sent you a DM, I live in Seattle, originally from Iowa, first time rider this year!

Julia Ramsey, July 19, 2017 at 12:33 pm

My dad is from Spokane, originally from Iowa. I’ll have him get in touch!

Anne Hammond, July 19, 2017 at 2:52 pm

That would be great Julie. I’d love to connect with your Dad.

Anne

Anne Hammond, July 19, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Hi Elizabeth,
Thank you for contacting me. You’re going to have the time of your life! Please contact me through email: annetpaxton@yahoo.com

Anne

Anne Hammond, July 19, 2017 at 2:56 pm

Julie,

Have your dad contact me through email: annetpaxton@yahoo.com.

Thanks!
Anne

Anne Hammond, July 19, 2017 at 2:57 pm

Lianne,

I would love to communicate with you. Let’s use email: annetpaxton@yahoo.com.

Anne

Bob Card, July 21, 2017 at 1:58 pm

Anne,

I also live in Olympia and, although I’m not riding this year, RAGBRAI has moved to the top of my bucket list, and will happen for me in the next couple of years. I have friends in and from Iowa who have made me aware of this epic adventure, which sounds like STP on steroids (I am a 2 time STP rider). I am interested in reading your article, please let me know when/where I can find it once it’s ready for public consumption.

Thanks,

Bob

Anne Hammond, July 24, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Hi Bob,

It’s good to hear from you. I would put RAGBRAI at the top of your “to do” list for next year which means you can start gearing up now and get in that lottery, etc.

I will let you know if I get published. Thank you for asking and for letting me know about your interest. Please let me know if you sign up and plan to ride it — if you get in or if you plan to purchase day passes.

Anne

Anne Hammond, July 24, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Julia,
Sorry for the slip of the fingers on the keyboard. “Julia” instead of “Julie.” Lovely name.
Anne

Sarah Bunch, July 31, 2017 at 11:16 am

My mom travelled from Olympia, WA to SAG for my team. It would be cool to get the SAG perspective too 🙂

Anne Hammond, July 31, 2017 at 5:52 pm

Hi Sarah!

Did you ride in RAGBRAI? Are you from Olympia? Is your mom from Olympia or Thurston County?

That’s so exciting that she went and did the SAG wagon!

Could you contact me right away? annetpaxton@yahoo.com

Anne

Bob Card, March 17, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Hi, Anne. I’ve registered for this year’s ride, the full week, and planning to do it with a cycling buddy from Shoreline. I also signed up for Pork Belly charter support during the ride. If you’re still writing about it, I would be happy to contribute.

Thanks,

Bob

Robert Ralfs, March 21, 2018 at 6:47 pm

Six of us are riding from Vancouver, BC with the group “Bike Hike Live Vancouver” if we win the lottery.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015