Way from Keokuk to Council Bluff

My sister and I are coming from Michigan and was wondering if there is a way for us to leave our car in Keokuk and get ourselves, luggage and bikes to Council Bluffs for the start of the ride. We plan on heading to Keokuk on Friday and can be there Friday afternoon or Saturday. I did leave a message at Greyhound and she is supposed to get back with me but she did not think we could take our bikes on the bus.

5 Replies

Geoff Butland, April 1, 2019 at 8:33 pm

Hi – take a look at some of the charter options listed in the menu on the Ragbrai.com main page. Pick “The Ride” then “General Information”. I have used two charters that offer transportation on Saturday morning from the end town to the start town. They take you on a bus and your bike on a truck. Arrive on Friday, camp out, and early Saturday jump on the bus. Keokuk will post instructions for long term parking for the week a few weeks before the event, and there will be shuttles from the parking area to the camping area.
The charters I’ve used for this were Brancel and the Out of Staters. I recommend both of them!

Geoff

This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Geoff Butland.

Charlie S, April 2, 2019 at 8:05 pm

As Geoff said, the various charter services offer shuttle buses from the end town to the start, as long as you arrive in time for their early Saturday departure I’ve used Riverbend Bicycle Club /Argo for the past two years. I also used their week long support for camping and daily luggage & gear transport. I recommend them highly but from what I can see, nearly all of the charters get good reviews, so you probably can’t go wrong with any of them.

William Jasman, April 4, 2019 at 9:10 am

I’m from Michigan also. Pork Belly Ventures offers a shuttle from Keokuk to Council Bluffs. They’ll transport you, your bags and your bikes. I used them last year and they do a fantastic job.

Gary Crews, April 8, 2019 at 10:16 am

I am looking for a ride from Keokuk to Council Bluffs on Saturday Morning – Will not have any gear with me as I will be dropping Bike, etc. in Council Bluffs. Will assist with gas. Thanks Gary Crews

Luv 2 Ski, April 8, 2019 at 11:52 am

Gary,

I just sent you a private message.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015