We all need a good laugh!

With all of the gloomy and depressing news, statistics, and general BS floating around the Twitterverse, it’s about time we do something to lift up our spirits.

I’d like to hear your favorite biking-related jokes.

Since this isn’t a barroom and I can’t throw out the first drunk, I’ll throw out the first joke (compliments of Granddaughter Woo):

Why do some bikes have kickstands? Because they are too tired to stand up by themselves (rim shot!).

Ouch! Let’s hear your best (or worst) jokes.

See you along the I-O-Way next whenever.

182 Replies

T. Gap Woo, May 17, 2020 at 8:27 am

Sorry ‘bout that last joke, but I had to steer the thread back onto the right track. 🤪 (rim shot).

See you along the I-O-Way in 2021.

arch60, May 17, 2020 at 2:08 pm

At last year’s trans European bike race the leader knew he was near the finnish line
when he got to the last lapp.

T. Gap Woo, May 17, 2020 at 5:16 pm

At last year’s trans European bike race the leader knew he was near the finnish line
when he got to the last lapp.

Welcome to the punfest!

I participated in the Trans-European bike race last year. I was russian as fast as I could, but I couldn’t catch the winner. It must have been the extra danish and malta milkshake I had for breakfast, because I was so hungary! 🤪 (rim shot).

T. Gap Woo, May 18, 2020 at 7:54 am

A friend’s single cousin was visiting from out-of-town, so he set up a blind date for her. I was chosen for this honor.

Over dinner and drinks, we talked about our interests, hobbies, etc. She stated, “You are as handsome as that Greek guy, Adonis. You must be into physical fitness.”

I told her that I was, indeed, a fitness buff. I lifted weights and worked out at the gym every day.

She wanted to know what I did for a living, so I revealed that I was a professional bicycle racer.

“Wow!” she replied in utter amazement. “You’re in such great shape that you must earn tons of money racing bicycles!”

I confessed, “Actually, no. I’ve never won a race and haven’t earned a penny.”

“Why not?” she inquired. “You’re such a fine physical specimen. I can’t believe you haven’t won a race yet! There must be a reason.”

“Actually, there is a reason,” I answered. “My competitors are too fast for me, because they ride bikes and I rely on my running shoes.” 🤪 (rim shot).

T. Gap Woo, May 18, 2020 at 4:32 pm

Wallace, Theodore and Eddie went for a bike ride to Miller’s Pond on the back roads outside of Mayfield. They got about halfway before they quit and turned around. The roads were too lumpy! 🤪 (rim shot and condolences to Ken Osmond’s friends and family 😢)

“Bicycle Bill”, May 18, 2020 at 7:10 pm

Where will you find crazy bike riders?

On the psycho path.
-“BB”-

“Bicycle Bill”, May 18, 2020 at 7:15 pm

I’m getting older (aren’t we all?) and I’m realizing it’s time to downsize, so I reluctantly put a couple of my older bikes up for sale on Craigslist.

I suppose you might say that I’m peddling them one last time.

-“BB”-

T. Gap Woo, May 18, 2020 at 9:18 pm

I’m getting older (aren’t we all?) and I’m realizing it’s time to downsize, so I reluctantly put a couple of my older bikes up for sale on Craigslist.

I suppose you might say that I’m peddling them one last time.

BB, it’s a good thing you’re not a mule rancher downsizing the pack. You’d get arrested for peddling your ……. (NSFW. You can fill in the blanks!). 🤪 (rim shot).

T. Gap Woo, May 19, 2020 at 8:24 am

Dennis is a laid-back individual who doesn’t let a whole lot of things bother him. Pace lines, drafters who hug his rear wheel, raucous boom boxes on bike trailers? They don’t bother him. I guess you could call him an easy rider.

But one thing really bugs him — unicycles! He can’t stand them. 🤪 (rim shot).

T. Gap Woo, May 19, 2020 at 1:34 pm

Hey! I just saw the news that Iowa’s Ride is taking place next year, following the same timeline and route that was planned for this year. That’s great!

On the way out, we can dip in the Mississippi in Dubuque and then the Big Sioux River near Rock Rapids. On the way back, we can dip in the Big Sioux near LeMars and the Mississippi River in Clinton.

Good thing we have all those dips. Nobody wants to be a dirty double-crosser! 🤪 (rim shot).

T. Gap Woo, May 20, 2020 at 8:18 am

My brother is an avid unicyclist. He rides every chance he gets, regardless of weather or road conditions. No obstacle will deter him. Nothing gets in the way of his riding.

His motto is, “Where there’s a wheel, there’s a way!” 🤪 (rim shot).

LawnchairMan, May 20, 2020 at 12:48 pm

T-Gap Woo said,
“I participated in the Trans-European bike race last year. I was russian as fast as I could, but I couldn’t catch the winner. It must have been the extra danish and malta milkshake I had for breakfast, because I was so hungary!”

I attempted a ride in Japan, but I kept falling whenever I saw a young person. Then I remembered that euthanasia always upsets me.

This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by LawnchairMan.

LawnchairMan, May 20, 2020 at 1:55 pm

Since my Japan trip didn’t work well I went to Italy. I got on my bike and just Romed around a bit.

T. Gap Woo, May 20, 2020 at 3:35 pm

I witnessed an older gentleman on a child’s bicycle, riding away from a crowd who was teasing him mercilessly about his choice of bikes. The fellow didn’t handle the criticism well. In fact, he got a little huffy! 🤪 (rim shot).

T. Gap Woo, May 21, 2020 at 8:38 am

My neighbor was having trouble starting his car. He asked me if I could jump it.

“Sure thing!” I told him. “I’ll be right back.”

Why was he so surprised when I returned a few minutes later with my bike and a ramp? 🤪 (rim shot).

Viewing 15 replies - 136 through 150 (of 182 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015