We all need a good laugh!

With all of the gloomy and depressing news, statistics, and general BS floating around the Twitterverse, it’s about time we do something to lift up our spirits.

I’d like to hear your favorite biking-related jokes.

Since this isn’t a barroom and I can’t throw out the first drunk, I’ll throw out the first joke (compliments of Granddaughter Woo):

Why do some bikes have kickstands? Because they are too tired to stand up by themselves (rim shot!).

Ouch! Let’s hear your best (or worst) jokes.

See you along the I-O-Way next whenever.

353 Replies

T. Gap Woo, April 10, 2020 at 7:30 am

Granddaughter Woo is a wheelie good magician. She can turn her bicycle into a driveway. 🤪 (rim shot).

See you along the I-O-Way whenever.

Amanda, April 10, 2020 at 8:31 am

Granddaughter Woo is a wheelie good magician. She can turn her bicycle into a driveway. (rim shot).

HAHAHAHAHAHHA! keep them coming! Everyone needs a good laugh. 🙂

This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Amanda.

T. Gap Woo, April 10, 2020 at 5:16 pm

Grandson Woo recently graduated from a tricycle to a child’s two-wheeler. He’s still figuring out how to handle it.

I asked him, “What’s the hardest thing about learning to ride a two-wheeler?”

He answered, “The ground!” 🤪 (rim shot)

T. Gap Woo, April 11, 2020 at 10:07 am

I rode my bike to the liquor store the other day, before the self-quarantine orders went into effect, since my cupboard was almost bare. I bought a bottle of my favorite whiskey.

I put the bottle into my handlebar basket and mounted the bike for the ride home. Before I got too far down the road, I thought to myself, “What happens if the bottle falls out and breaks? That would be a disaster and a waste of fine whiskey!”

I decided then and there to drink it all in one sitting. So that’s what I did!

As it turned out, I made a wise decision. On the way home, I crashed seven times! 🤪 (rim shot)

T. Gap Woo, April 11, 2020 at 4:47 pm

Remember back in the good old days when you could fill your bike tires for free at the gas station? Now it costs a dollar. Blame it on inflation. 🤪 (rim shot)

T. Gap Woo, April 12, 2020 at 10:43 am

I hate biking in highly-congested urban areas. There are way too many vehicles and pedestrians. Last week, I was pedaling in the bike lane when this idiot decided to jay-walk in the middle of the block.

Wham! We collided and fell to the ground in a crumpled heap. Once we untangled ourselves, I commented to the jay-walker, “Today is your lucky day!”

He questioned, “Lucky? I ripped my pants, scuffed my shoes and skinned my elbow. My briefcase flew open and my papers blew all over the place! How can you call that ‘lucky’?”

I responded, “Today is my day off from work. I normally drive a bus!” 🤪 (rim shot).

T. Gap Woo, April 12, 2020 at 9:06 pm

Joe was the pilot and Moe was the stoker for their planned century tandem ride. About twenty miles into the ride, Joe abruptly slammed on the brakes and hopped off the saddle. He let the air out of the front tire.

“Why in the world did you do that?” inquired the curious stoker.

Joe replied, “The saddle is too high and it was hurting my butt, so I thought I’d lower it.”

Moe then dismounted, got a wrench from his pannier, loosened his saddle and turned it halfway around.

Joe asked why Moe did that.

Moe calmly replied, “Well, if you’re going to do stupid things like lowering the seat by deflating the tires, I’m just gonna ride home by myself.” 🤪 (rim shot).

T. Gap Woo, April 13, 2020 at 11:13 am

“Those darned bicyclists just took a shortcut through my vineyard and crushed a lot of grapes!” the farmer whined. 🤪 (rim shot).

T. Gap Woo, April 13, 2020 at 3:11 pm

I just bought a brand new bicycle with all the “bells and whistles.” It even comes with a built in audio system that only plays “Rhapsody in Blue” and “An American in Paris.” Its a Gerschwinn. 🤪 (rim shot).

Jose Medina, April 13, 2020 at 8:20 pm

T.Gap Woo. I think you should be one of the stage acts on the next Ragbrai. At least an opening act. Too funny ! I would attend. We need people like you !!!

T. Gap Woo, April 13, 2020 at 8:42 pm

T.Gap Woo. I think you should be one of the stage acts on the next Ragbrai. At least an opening act. Too funny ! I would attend. We need people like you !!!

Aw shucks! My head is gonna swell up and I’ll need to buy a new brain bucket. Unfortunately, my LBS is still shut down for the foreseeable future.

Meanwhile, I’ll do my best to keep cranking out and pedaling these jokes, but NOT on a stage. I’m allergic to rotten tomatoes! 🤪 (rim shot).

T. Gap Woo, April 14, 2020 at 10:11 am

Mom heard her son Johnny praying rather loudly, “GOD, PLEASE BRING ME A NEW BICYCLE.”

Mom said, “Johnny you don’t have to shout. God’s not hard of hearing!”

Johnny replied, “But Grandpa is!” 🤪 (rim shot).

LawnchairMan, April 14, 2020 at 3:43 pm

What’s happening? When I edit a posting it disappears. Is there anyway to recover it.

Jose Medina, April 14, 2020 at 6:01 pm

Lawnchairman, Your joke came on my email. I think the Park Ranger had something to do with the editing. Funny !!

LawnchairMan, April 14, 2020 at 10:23 pm

Jose,
Thank you for your response and comment. At least you saw my post. Could you send it to me so I don’t have to type it a third time? stage720@cox.net
Thanks!

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 353 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015