RAGBRAI LI Day Passes are still available!

WE'RE NOT GONNA BUY YOUR FAKE JUNK!!!!

Looks like the junk spammers were busy last night!!!

10 Replies

Jboz, March 24, 2012 at 7:23 am

The weird thing is the stuff they are hawking isn’t even remotely cycling related. Winter coats, watches, boots? And the latest offering…wedding gowns. Anyone getting married on Ragbrai?

“Bicycle Bill”, March 24, 2012 at 12:20 pm

I just wonder how they end up posting in the threads they do. You’d think they’d attack the threads at the top of the board; instead, they dredge up something that hadn’t been active for months and hang something onto that.

-“BB”-

mentor58, March 24, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Jboz:
The weird thing is the stuff they are hawking isn’t even remotely cycling related.Winter coats, watches, boots?And the latest offering…wedding gowns.Anyone getting married on Ragbrai?

I’m sure it’s happened. I can see it now, the bride in white Lycra gown, the groom in his best tuxedo jersey. As they left the bike shop the attendees threw powerbars, and they got on a tandem and rode off for the day.

Steve

“Bicycle Bill”, March 24, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Oh yeah. mentor; there have been proposals and weddings on RAGBRAI before. I think one of them was documented on one of the “official” RAGBRAI videos from the late 1980s — early 1990s. It would be interesting to research it a little deeper and see if they are still together and if they still ride RAGBRAI. I’ll see what I can turn up.

There’s probably been a lot of other things happened on RAGBRAI that have resulted in a marriage, but I’m not real sure I want to go there…..

-“BB”-

Michael Knapp, March 24, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Old friends of ours met on RAGBRAI, spent their honeymoon on RAGBRAI the next year, and are now riding RAGBRAI with their teen age son. One of our team members met a new team member on RAGBRAI in 2010, dated long distance over 2011, are getting married in June and are back on RAGBRAI this year again with Team Flamingo.

jsm, March 25, 2012 at 6:17 pm

RAGBRAI seems to have a life, culture and tradition that binds strangers from far apart. We hear about the friendships that span decades and the continent, why not a wedding?
As for the spammers, they are a parasite of the internet. The sad pathetic individuals who get paid per post on any forum, web page or site, I guess in this economy it’s not too surprising.
On a totally different note, I am at my parents in Palm City, Florida, staring at a beautiful crescent moon and the 2 planets that are briefly close to the moon, can’t wait for the beautiful star light nights that last full week of July.

knees36, March 25, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Jboz:
The weird thing is the stuff they are hawking isn’t even remotely cycling related.Winter coats, watches, boots?And the latest offering…wedding gowns.Anyone getting married on Ragbrai?

Hey, this stuff ain’t “FAKE” JUNK, it’s REAL JUNK!!! :lol:

Michrider !!!, March 25, 2012 at 8:36 pm

knees36: Hey, this stuff ain’t “FAKE” JUNK, it’s REAL JUNK!!!:lol:

Knees, that’s priceless, LMAO!!!!!

jwsknk, March 26, 2012 at 12:55 pm

there have been wedding on RAGBRAI, a couple of Skunk’s had one in Cedar whatever, the night before it rained all morning leaving town.
Now about these spammers, they have been using the same screen names for 3+ months, can’t the admins block that?

mentor58, March 26, 2012 at 7:06 pm

jwsknk:
…SNIP…
Now about these spammers, they have been using the same screen names for 3+ months, can’t the admins block that?

What it T.J. is actually the spammer? Maybe he has a split personality, and at night when the good T.J. is sleeping the evil spamming T.J. comes out? Maybe it’s like Fight Club (Spam Club)?

Steve
Who has way too much time and not enough to do.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters