What happened to the store?

Did T.J. and the pirates make off with all the old merch? There used to be much more “stuff” available. I see nothing but this years stuff now, no old pins, patches, mugs, jerseys, nothing. what gives?

4 Replies

Archy Texas, June 3, 2020 at 10:32 am

I would love to know the answer to that question too!

klkoopman, June 3, 2020 at 11:56 am

I asked that on FB. The answer was that they haven’t been able to access their “main” merchandise storage area yet. They’re working remotely, so the knick-knacks will come back in time!

I bet T.J. did sneak out a couple of sweatshirts, magnets & stuff. You people in Des Moines will have to ask around.

Sandaltan ., June 4, 2020 at 10:40 am

I imagine the entire newspaper staff is working from home or on rotating temporary furlough except for the reduced printing plant staff. Andrea Parrott, being our “designated sole survivor”, is keeping the RAGBRAI flame alive by tending the blog from time to time and offering some new merchandise, likely delivered and mailed from her home. RAGBRAI’s director, with next year’s route in the bag, is looking after his other business interests. So….get out and ride your bike while RAGBRAI is in hibernation, enjoy the forum and follow the blog for news of the end of this long nap.

RIDE RIGHT

KenH, June 4, 2020 at 3:13 pm

I am sure the store is a temporary casualty of the CV-19 pandemic and will return when business as usual resumes. Andrea, Anne, and Dieter make fairly regular appearances on the Just Go Bike podcasts so it is worth tuning into them if you want to stay up to date. Parrot talk is back on the air and she is asking people to send in questions so go ahead and ask her about the store situation if you really want to know. There is supposed to be an announcement on the 15th of June about some kind of RAGBRAI related event. They did not give any details on the podcast but from the little they did say about it I am not expecting it to be a ride. But I could be wrong. There are recent interviews with Greenie’s daughter Joanie Green Mousel (#139) and Chuck Offenburger (#138) and if you go back to last year there is an episode called Remembering Greenie (#122) that is quite irony filled given what happened a few months later. So, some good stuff there if you are looking for RAGBRAI related news and views.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI