RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

What to carry on bike?

Hello All,
     New to Ragbrai this year.  I’d like to know what gear you carry on your bike (besides spare tube and air) and how do your carry it?  How many water bottles?  Snacks?  Raingear?  Thanks

93 Replies

benherr, February 12, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I not only have my road ID which I wear on my ankle, but I have it on for the entire Ragbrai. I believe it was during the 08 ride at one of the overnight towns. A guy slipped on the wet floor while heading to the shower. He was knocked out for quite awhile. No one knew who he was or who to notify.
It’s an easy and smart way to go.

Dave Wells, February 12, 2011 at 11:18 pm

I like the advice that something should have at least three uses to be carried on the bike.  I always carry a sample size baby powder (for changing a tube, soothing my feet and keeping my butt dry) and a travel pack of wipes (for cleaning chain grease from my hands, butter from my chin and, well, for when TP just isn’t enough or even available).

Tony, February 13, 2011 at 5:01 am

JK how ya doing! I use a Witz Sports Surf Safe for my wallet. It it waterproof. JK I haven’t seen the QCBC pouches in a while. I’ll look into that. As for what I carry. Tire repair kit with inner tube. Basic tools and a pump. Sun block and a half dozen Wet Ones Singles. ID, medical card, credit card, and cash. Medical info and ICE in helmet. ICE in cell phone.

Anonymous, February 10, 2012 at 4:41 am

replica watchesReplica Audemars Piguet watchesAnybody has the ability to make dollars online with eBay. The great thing about auction web sites is that one could sell anything you like (within reason) while not having to spend a lot. You don’t need to pay to your own website or even hosting. The solely expenses that you’ll incur usually are listing fees, as very well as remaining selling fees.
Replica Blancpain watchesEven nevertheless these can be quite a bit expensive, they will likely not greatly impact your financial well being.

If you are searching for selling wristwatches, eBay is a superb place to get started. Not only could you keep your own expenses affordable, but it’s also possible to reach numerous people devoid of doing much work. But prior to deciding to get too looking forward to the prospects of accomplishing business at eBay? you need to know how being a success. All things considered, if it were an easy task to sell and make great profits everybody can be doing them.
Replica BRM Watches

First thing to recall is that eBay is usually a competitive industry. For this unique reason you need to do whatever you can to put yourself aside from all of those other listings. One of the better ways to accomplish this is by cutting your prices a tad. You really should still earn profits on every sale, but which has a slightly price reduction than the rest of the listings you might garner alot more business.
Replica Audemars Piguet watches

As well as price, use pictures showing just the way good your watches can be. Instead with only showing one image, why definitely not list three to four? This will offer the consumer more confidence, and subsequently give you more product sales. To consider pictures for your personal eBay listings all you have to is a digital camera. Within minutes you may snap journey shots which you are required, and currently have your item listed. It really is that quick.
cheap Cartier Haute Horlogerie watches

Ultimately, be sure to add an exceptional description and the pictures. Bear in mind, this is after that tell people what there’re getting, and what they need to expect. With out a good description you can only end up being wasting your energy. You can have trouble to begin with with that description area of your entries.
Replica Girard-Perregaux Cat’s Eye watchesBut after a while you’ll get used about the works and what fails to.

Selling wristwatches on craigslist and ebay is a powerful way to make profit. Just ask one of many hundreds of men and women that do it for any full-time residing. But aren’t getting caught convinced that this is the get wealthy quick pattern. If you are likely to sell wrist watches on eBay you’ll need to be totally invested in what what you are doing.
Zenith Defy Classic watches sale

Over time you are going to know more about the system, and ones profits will begin to grow. That is when this fun definitely starts. Along together with the dress the rings as well as rings and the venue, the wedding food has become the most crucial parts of any big event.

Deciding on wedding food can diligence and costly. Breguet Type XXI Collection watches onlineThere are plenty of things that need to be considered for instance dietary requirements of your guests and checking for every allergies to food products as may be fatal for some people.

When mailing out your affordable wedding invitations it is always best if you ask any guests that include any allergy or intolerance or vitamin requirements in their reply, this way you will understand well earlier and can deal with it accordingly.

When you’ve got decided to use caterers on your behalf wedding response food be sure to ask best freinds and family if they may recommend everybody or ask your nearby florist and wedding planner if he or she can offer you details of individuals they buy before and recommend.

Wedding Reception food is really as expensive or cheap just like you want, after having to pay for clothing, the happens to be and all of those other wedding accessories if you have overstretched your budget and will need to cut costs on the food then there are plenty of ways to get into character what its possible you have thought isn’t suitable on a wedding and actually make more affordable things start looking very ideal.

You might also make the wedding reception food yourself, although this tends to put even more strain on you and why don’t we face it you will be meant to be pampered for your wedding daytime not pay it in the kitchen! Therefore you can ask a friend if they can help you out but be certain they are designed for the job to avoid unwanted emotional stress. cheap BRM Birotor watches

When you are within your financial allowance and turn out to be looking around for that caterer you should meet using them in person go over exactly genital herpes virus treatments require and disentangle any questions you might have.

Most caterers help you taste the wedding reception food ahead of day this I strongly recommend. Be careful that some caterers definitely will charge a smallish fee in this service.

Also, it is wise to use someone on hand when testing the food to get another person’s honest point of view. Always get a few quote for your wedding reception food, if a little something seems extremely cheap and then to good to be true therefore it probably is. Make perfectly sure that the food is prepared healthy with vegetables as this can affect complete taste.

In the particular unlikely situation that you need to cancel the wedding ceremony reception food make sure you have understand and appreciated any cancellation insurance policies the caterer may have.

Your wedding day is the only one day when you can actually have what ever you want, be bold and consider new recommendations, sample food you will possibly not have thought about before to get a broad understanding of what is available. .

Other About Watches blog

sale

About bigreplicawatches.com blog

Amanda, February 10, 2012 at 6:51 am

I am betting Limelime isn’t going on RAGBRAI! Scammers- YUCK!!! :-x

mentor58, February 10, 2012 at 11:16 am

Several pairs of cleated shoes, including glacier cleats, along with about a dozen watches, 6 on each arm.

Steve

Michrider !!!, February 10, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I always ride with my Road ID on my wrist!
http://www.roadid.com/common/default.aspx?referrer=4623

mlwalk, February 10, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Do you think that dude really carries all those watches with him on Ragbrai?

GetAClue Blue, February 11, 2012 at 12:13 am

I too am trying to figure out what to carry since this is my first RAGBRAI so all this input is really helpful. Don’t want to over do it or under prepare. I was reading that in 1981 the temp dropped to the 40’s. The first few days of that ride were nasty with strong cold headwind and lots of cold rain. Then the weather turned out good for the last 3 or 4 days. I’m probably gonna purchase a water proof jacket and find a strap-on additional bag to carry it in. Also, I like to place a quart freezer bag in my underseat bag so I can keep certain items dry if it does rain…..phone, wallet, etc.

jeffreydennis, February 11, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I take less each time. Normal saddle bag contents. Two waters. One to drink, one to wear (I do not do well in high heat). Endurolite tabs for electrolites, Gatorade sucks.

mentor58, February 11, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Especially on a ride like Ragbrai, I don’t plan on packing like I do for a solo expedition. Figure 2 tubes, patch kit and tire levers, 2 water bottles, wallet with ID / MED Cards / Cash. A small shop rag and a tiny bottle of hand sanitizer (good for cleaning up). Mini tool that fits all the things I’d need to adjust. My Topeak Morph pump. 2 bottles of water.

Steve

Michrider !!!, February 12, 2012 at 7:40 am

How about 2 tall boy Budweisers to get me to the next town?????

bevelyn382, February 18, 2012 at 12:39 am

I carry tubes, co2 bike pump, 2 water bottles, camera, cellphone, tools, sunscreen, helmet cover for rainy days, arm warmers on cool mornings, raincoat on wet day, first aid kit of some sort, and a bike chain with lock. Of course if I am biking with family, we watch out for each others bikes. I just add what I feel might be needed for that day when I get up. I have a handlebar bag and can usually get a lot into it except on days when I take along the rain jacket. I have found though, that in the rain you sweat with a rain jacket and you still are wet no matter what.

Michrider !!!, February 18, 2012 at 7:44 am

bevely, I’m not aware of any raincoat that will keep a rider dry. I wear a raicoat, with pit zips, to keep me warm. On RAGBRAI, I usually carry some type of jacket every day. It’s wise to expect at least afternoon afternoon rain showers sometime during the week.

Anonymous, February 18, 2012 at 8:44 am

extra spokes..spoke wrench

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 93 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI