RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

What would you like to see more of on RAGBRAI that seems to be missing?

Personally, I’d like to see more fresh fruit and veggies on RAGBRAI. Also some more beverage selections: homemade root beer, ginger ale, that sort of thing for us nondrinkers in the crowd.

What would you like to see?

48 Replies

Michrider !!!, April 25, 2012 at 2:18 pm

No Iceman, I believe PBV neglected me in the 2011 video! Guess Tammy doesn’t love me anymore LOL!!!

Sandaltan ., April 25, 2012 at 2:43 pm

One dollar per ear sweet corn, butter not necessary, salt and pepper are OK and six of those ears for five bucks.

RIDE RIGHT

Michrider !!!, April 25, 2012 at 3:30 pm

ST, any chance you remember the name of that coffee vendor on day 2, 2011, at the top of the hill????? I know we met there by chance and I’m not into details, LOL!!!!

Sandaltan ., April 25, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Michrider:
ST, any chance you remember the name of that coffee vendor on day 2, 2011, at the top of the hill?????I know we met there by chance and I’m not into details, LOL!!!!

I remember the encounter and yes the coffee was very good. The guy had a little white trailer but I don’t remember his name. I do remember visiting with Team Red Merkin and explaining to a couple of people the significance of the team’s name. Great team jersey!!! I will be looking for that white trailer in the mornings.

RIDE RIGHT

Michrider !!!, April 25, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Sandaltan: I remember the encounter and yes the coffee was very good.The guy had a little white trailer but I don’t remember his name.I do remember visiting with Team Red Merkin and explaining to a couple of people the significance of the team’s name.Great team jersey!!!I will be looking for that white trailer in the mornings.

RIDE RIGHT

I just googled it, so now I know!!!

David Dudak, April 25, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I agree with much of what has been said. I continue to look at the locals–farmers, kids, boyscouts etc and once in a while there will be something great. I too would like to see more coffee at the start town and along the way in the mornings. I also love to see local talent perform, some good, some not so good, but always fun.

SFC JKL 2, April 25, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I always like senseless nudity myself. $1 corn would be a nice touch too. Fully loaded walking tacos, not just meat, cheese, and lettuce.

One town had stir-fry vegetables a couple years ago. Thought it was great, but haven’t seen it since.

Michael Knapp, April 25, 2012 at 8:22 pm

I’d like to see:

• Greater presence of the “wrist band” discount. Bandits may pride themselves on not paying to support RAGBRAI, so they out to pay more to support themselves on the ride. Or more free events for those with wrist bands, while those with out have to pay.

• More Beekman’s ice cream

• Return of Mama Rafael’s breakfast stop

• More showcasing Iowa bands. Maybe a concert featuring multiple bands

• More riders in kilts

• Phone charging/iPod charging stations in overnight and mid-point towns

• Ice cold milk available at the pie vendors tables

David Elkow, April 25, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I crave good green veggies and salads. Need some greens during the week! Agree totally with the coffee requests.

I would like to HEAR more music appropriate for us baby boomers. 50’s, 60’s. classic rock! Some of the beer garden “music” is rather unbearable.

wildbill, April 26, 2012 at 4:11 am

I would have to agree with the wristband discount.

Iceman, April 26, 2012 at 9:27 am

Walking Tacos. What a completely goofy name. Those started out, what, 60 years ago, as Frito Pies. Not really sure how that Walking Taco name grafted on to the concept. Open up a single serving bag of Fritos, dump in some chili (without beans – or it’s not chili) and some onions and jalapenos. Mmmm Mmmmm. Heaven!

jwsknk, April 26, 2012 at 9:55 am

Walking Taco for those who haven’t had the um.. privlige.., opportunity…, whatever to experience one. Open bag of Dorito’s, throw in a scoop of loose meat with taco seasoning, a pinch of cheese and a couple slivers of lettuce.

mjd1221, April 26, 2012 at 11:18 am

I’d like to see more decent coffee (all day, anywhere along the route!) and oatmeal for a breakfast choice. Steel-cut oatmeal is easy to keep hot in a roaster pan, and I would really love you if you offered toppings like raisins, brown sugar, fresh bananas, etc.

gatorboss, April 26, 2012 at 1:09 pm

More Nudity-just saying, it has been on the decline the past few years.

Pirate Brewer, April 27, 2012 at 5:00 am

More b00bies and beer (craft beer).

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI