RAGBRAI LI July 20 -27, 2024

Where are the Rider Packets?

Have not received Rider Packets yet.
Anyone know when they should be received?
7/8/2023

35 Replies

Diane Domeyer Kock, July 10, 2023 at 1:06 pm

Beyond frustrating. Registered very early, but no packet yet. Leaving California Wednesday to drive back to Iowa and no communication whatsoever. Now trying to decide if we delay the road trip until the packet arrives or takeoff and face standing in line in Sioux City. Given the late receipt by so many, I think the pick up spot titled “long lines” is appropriately named. Aargh!

3 Pedal, July 10, 2023 at 3:15 pm

I haven’t gotten my jersey, or any of the rider packets yet. I’ve got a few days still, not leaving till next week, but we have vehicle passes in there. Not only do I not want to have to stand in a line, I don’t want a bunch of hastle getting settled in without a pass.

Andy Jelagin, July 10, 2023 at 4:56 pm

Just got the “Your order is being prepared” email for our team – keep checking…

cmcdows, July 10, 2023 at 7:49 pm

Leaving for IA on the 18th from PA, nothing received for our team of 9. What are we supposed to do if we don’t have our packets. Been doing RAGBRAI for over 30 years and this is the biggest mess I’ve seen. Other years I’ve had credentials in May.

Mark Hartung, July 10, 2023 at 8:40 pm

Picking up at the Expo not an option. RAGBRAI staff is behind schedule…worse than normal

This reply was modified 1 year ago by Mark Hartung.

Mark Hartung, July 10, 2023 at 8:41 pm

Agree..it’s a mess. Maybe they are spending all their time trying to sell $300 concert tickets. 😂

This reply was modified 1 year ago by Mark Hartung.

roubaixdan, July 11, 2023 at 8:41 am

Mark, what do you mean that picking up packets at the Expo isn’t an option? Do you mean you personally can’t do it or that there’s no option for any of us to pick up packets at the Expo?

I’ve taken some solace from knowing that even though I may have to stand in line for hours, I’d get my packet at the Expo as a last resort.

Mark Hartung, July 11, 2023 at 8:49 am

Not an option for our team.. One question…how will you get your packet if they were to have been mailed by then? It may turn into a real cluster

Mark Hartung, July 11, 2023 at 8:51 am

Yea, they created a nightmare for many people. Getting your packet at the start may involve hours of waiting and getting everything you need as they may have to recreate your packet as supposedly they would have already mailed to you…

Mark Hartung, July 11, 2023 at 8:53 am

Yep..it’s a cluster this year. I’ve never gotten our packet in May, but definitely always have by now

Ashbyrp, July 11, 2023 at 11:32 am

Same Here…Both of us registered on the first day. I received my jersey, but my teammate still hasn’t. Got the email with the band numbers, but nothing yet for packet shipping.

Wisco262, July 11, 2023 at 12:39 pm

Check spam email. My shipping label was created Friday, it finally shipped yesterday, as of today at Noon, it has made it through Cedar Rapids USPS and Dubuque USPS facilities on the way to SE Wisconsin. Tracking indicates delivery on Thursday. Phew.

Matt, July 11, 2023 at 12:57 pm

This year there are 50% more entrants (~28,000) than the prior record setting year. One and a half times the max historical workload. There are 37 working days between registration close 15MAY and 07JUL. The math works out to ~755 registrations to process/bundle daily (~100/hr or 1-1/2 per minute) Yikes! I don’t know if packet processing starts before the non-refundable deadline of 01MAY or after the cutoff 15MAY, but it’s still a lot to handle. Traditionally the basic weekly registrations (tags only) ship first (unless part of a team). Registrations with swag, vehicle passes, non-riders, day passes, etc come next (unless part of a team). Club/team packages are completed last (perhaps because people still join teams up to the cutoff and the extra work to accurately fulfill?). Our club’s two huge boxes shipped yesterday 10JUL. Our club’s packet pickup is 21JUL (plenty of time). If you have a team listed on your enmotive account, try checking with your team leader. Your packet likely ships to them. From the latest blog(and email), I’ll assume that the last of the packages are boarding USPS vehicles this week.
-just Matt (not the director)

from the blog
Registration Packet Details
We are working quickly to get all registration packets fulfilled and shipped. If you haven’t received your packet yet, don’t panic. It is coming. We have just under 2,000 packets left to package and ship. All packages will have shipping labels on them by Friday, July 7 and will ship soon after.

hnschipper, July 11, 2023 at 1:01 pm

RAGBRAI did not meet their deadline of having all shipping labels on packets by last Friday. Their new deadline is tomorrow (though that was not publicly announced; I saw it posted by a rider on Facebook.) Anne Lawrie replied to my question on Facebook about packets that they were still there over the weekend working on sending them out.

cmcdows, July 11, 2023 at 1:04 pm

Checking spam folder every day. Still nothing from RAGBRAI there.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters