RAGBRAI XLIX registration is now open!

Where At in Council Bluffs?

This is my second year to do RAGBRAI. Last year there was a central location for the charters, the Expo, the vendors, fireworks, and the entertainment. I would like to google the city and get a feel for the location of things. Does anyone know if Council Bluffs will have a park or area that will be the central location for RAGBRAI? If so, where? Address?

22 Replies

jwsknk, April 18, 2013 at 3:03 pm

amtrak station is across the river in Omaha. Bike/ped bridge to get over into Iowa. might be some shuttles running between or a cab if you cant selfcontain it over.

Pdiddly, April 18, 2013 at 4:17 pm

If you’re a train buff CB will be hog heaven for you. The transontinental railroad started from here and of course Sacramento. But we won’t be near there!

jwsknk, April 18, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Is the UP museum in CB or Omaha?

ramblingman, April 18, 2013 at 6:37 pm

so what is your sugguestions on booking a train to omaha friday night or saturday night the train only comes to town at 11 what will i be missing on saturday if i come in on saturday night

jwsknk, April 19, 2013 at 7:56 am

11pm? so if it’s really midnight, come in friday, you don’t want to be searching for a spot at 1 in the morning. and that sunday a lot of people are really hyper about getting out so they will be geting up at 4 or 5 to be on the road before the sun is even up and the route “officially” open
. Watch the steady stream of busses of all types and ages, cars, trucks, come into town all day and the energy grow.
Visit the bike expo, pick up anything you might need that you didn’t pack, some of the expo vendors have some good deals on closeouts early.
Go listen to the bands and probably fireworks around 10:00.

Sandaltan ., April 19, 2013 at 8:24 am

Skunky is on the money as usual. Be there Friday, the Bike Expo is great and watching the buses and trucks stream into Council Bluffs will make this a wonderful day. BTW; has AMTRAK ever been late???

RIDE RIGHT

ramblingman, April 19, 2013 at 9:49 am

yes amtrak has been late alot and i would be getting off the train at 10pm-11pm and by the time i got my luggage and my bike unpack it would be around 1am i was thinking of holding up in a hotel that night then going to the site the night morning. thurday is sounding like a better day to show up by train.

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLI – 2013’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI