RAGBRAI LI Day Passes are still available!

Where to store bike in Omaha/Council Bluffs before the ride?

Greetings RAGBRAIers!

Excited to be planning my ride this year! I’m figuring out logistics for getting back and forth between sites. I’ve realized I probably don’t need a charter, as I can save a lot of money by just taking Amtrak to Omaha and park my car at a relative’s close to Keokuk. I am thinking that I will take the Amtrak in on Friday night and camp in Council Bluffs Friday and Saturday night (may stay in a hotel Friday if no camping available).

The one fly in the ointment – no bikes allowed on the Amtrak unless I pack the bike in the box. I will likely be driving through Omaha on Friday morning on the way to the train station. What I’m wondering – Does anyone have any good ideas for a secure place to leave my (locked) bike in Omaha for about 12 hours?

Or if anyone wants to do me a huge favor, if you can hold my bike for a night, I can pick it up in Omaha or Council Bluffs on Saturday morning (I get in pretty late Friday night). I’d be delighted to buy you breakfast and/or drinks for your trouble!

2 Replies

tdubya500, May 8, 2019 at 5:08 pm

I live in Omaha. You can store it at my place, I’m on 108th and fort, a bit west but right by 680, PM me if you want.
Or I’m sure one of the bike shops in town would let you keep it there. The guys at olympia cycles on 40th are cool or the recycle bike shop on levenworth.

Logan Foltz, May 9, 2019 at 12:14 pm

[quote quote=1303466]I live in Omaha. You can store it at my place, I’m on 108th and fort, a bit west but right by 680, PM me if you want.
Or I’m sure one of the bike shops in town would let you keep it there. The guys at olympia cycles on 40th are cool or the recycle bike shop on levenworth.[/quote]

Thanks! I may get back to you. Bumping for other responses.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters