Who all is going to Marne ??

How many are planning on stopping in Marne this year ?

14 Replies

Uncle Kraig, June 18, 2019 at 4:24 pm

As a pass through town on Sunday, won’t we all stop in Marne? Or do you mean who is just riding/walking through and not actually stopping to stay for awhile? Either way, to answer your question, I will be stopping in Marne. That would be 1 so far but if I had to guess, I would guess around 10-15,000 will probably stop with me πŸ™‚

Bob Rausa, June 18, 2019 at 4:32 pm

Marne was the “Town that RAGBRAI forgot” in 2001! Ended up being off route that year after a late change by RAGBRAI. Turned out to be one of the BEST parties in RAGBRAI history!! πŸ˜‰

Yes, many of us that rode that year are still riding! No, the wheel had not been invented THAT long ago! But coed, naked beer slides WERE! πŸ˜‰

Aaron Williams, June 18, 2019 at 5:59 pm

Before my time but have been in town for several pre RAGBRAI days since then

Jim Zimmerline, June 18, 2019 at 7:36 pm

We, Zipps Pizzaria, will be in Marne Saturday morning thru Sunday afternoon. Offering you some food and drink items to fill yer bellies. And to witness the party.
Then will be in Atlantic also Sunday then you will ride right by us in Adair and our restaurant on Monday.
Then we will, or plan to be in Cumming on Tuesday.

This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jim Zimmerline. Reason: Add a comment

kicks9, June 19, 2019 at 7:24 am

So is there something planned for this year in Marne?

Is it on route or off route if there is a party/event? Should we stick around in Marne instead of heading to the next town till we get kicked out?

Please give more details.

Aaron Williams, June 19, 2019 at 9:27 am

We (Marne Fire and Rescue) will have a large beer tent set up waiting for every one on Sunday along with some food vendors

jwsknk, June 19, 2019 at 10:12 am

So is there something planned for this year in Marne?

Is it on route or off route if there is a party/event? Should we stick around in Marne instead of heading to the next town till we get kicked out?

Please give more details.

Its on the route so far his year. Well, maybe a 1/8 mile off the highway, I think there was an old rail line between highway and town. Last time it was on route to Atlantic it was there until about 2-3 weeks before the ride if I remember right. Suddenly something unsafe about the road or some excuse. What I heard way back then was Marne was too close to Atlantic, about 7 miles, for the last stop of the day. Also, the beer garden was going with the wrong, as in not the official, beer sponsor. But after that year the last town out did seem to average farther out than it had been.

Niles, June 19, 2019 at 11:03 am

I was in Marne the Saturday before start for the team bus party last year. Played sand volleyball, got blue goatee makeup, pedicure, received a unicorn tiara, and of course cold beer, all in the Roadhouse Bar. Definitely I’ll go back there this year.

LawnchairMan, June 19, 2019 at 7:02 pm

I think they advertised sweet corn in Marne this year. I had been planning to pass by Marne, but If I don’t find it before Marne I will stop there for corn! Iowa sweet corn is one of the reasons I do Ragbrai.

This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  LawnchairMan.

sjrs88, June 26, 2019 at 10:55 pm

2001 affectionately known to me as: The Year I Boycotted RAGBRAI. I grew up near Marne so the last minute route change struck a nerve. It even went through the town we were (and still are) living in, Maxwell, and I didn’t even go in or help! I was so happy that Atlantic did what they did that year to help Marne out! Yes, Marne will be a fun time this year, and any other year it is on the route (or even close).

Blimpy, June 29, 2019 at 12:40 am

TEAM ROTR will be stopping in Marne on the way down….

jay williams, July 2, 2019 at 7:26 am

Our team will be stopping in Marne to celebrate leaving Pottawattamie County.

Joe Chavis, July 2, 2019 at 9:20 am

Yeah, I keep seeing this question, and wonder why it’s a question, ’cause less I flunked remedial reading Marne is on the route? So I assume it’s to seek – inside info as to whether or not Marne is a thing to do stop? So to answer, Marne was a great stop when it was not a stop. My first ever really crazy naked(ish) beer slide stop….drink a bit too much (ish) beer stop. Yes, IMA stop.
And as always, BE Fun Have Safe.

Dave Wedemeyer, July 2, 2019 at 3:17 pm

I remember the party in Marne in 2001. It was definitely one the best parties in RAGBRAI history. Many team buses were there too, and parked in a large semi-circle.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015