Join Us in July - Register Today!

Who can we rent bikes from?

Anyone know of any companies that let you rent a bike at the start town, and drop it off at the end town? If so, what companies would you and wouldn’t you recommend?

4 Replies

LawnchairMan, February 1, 2019 at 11:34 pm

I think Bike World does that. I know they are in Des Moines and Ames. Probably in several Iowa cities. I brought a buddy last year on his way to an air show in Oshkosh. He thought about renting a bike for a day, but the rental was on a weekly basis. May be just what you need. I suggest you bring your own saddle.

PS, we brought my buddy’s bike with us and he rode the last day.

Dizzy, February 2, 2019 at 10:45 am

Mr Bill,

Perhaps you’ve found this by now but there’s a link for bike rentals in the drop-downs at the top of the page. D

Tim TenClay, February 2, 2019 at 9:22 pm

I don’t know where you’re from, but I rented a bike (2 summers ago) from: http://www.brothersbicycle.com in Sioux Center, IA.

He was AWESOME, and I can’t recommend him enough.

mcdermott1, February 4, 2019 at 10:36 pm

Check out Pork Belly Ventures (PVC), it’s one of the Ragbrai charters , I’m pretty sure you can rent bikes from them . In addition , I’ve used their charter service the last 3 years and will again this year . I’ve been very happy with them , no complaints at all . You will have a blast on Ragbrai . See you Iowa !

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters