Who has registered?

Who is all planning to ride this summer? I registered but had to stop before I got to the pay part. Now I can’t get back into my account. I just emailed enmotive for help but while I am waiting, who is going along with me this summer?

19 Replies

Jboz, December 29, 2020 at 8:26 pm

Me. 2021 will be my 1st RAGBRAI as a retired dude. Every past year I had to juggle work and travel schedules, often resulting in me having to bail at the last minute and try to sell my credentials. No uncertainty this year…except for the obvious.

RustyC, December 30, 2020 at 11:02 am

I wasn’t registered for 2020 so I had no carryover but I have registered myself, and my adult daughter will (hopefully) join me. I had no trouble with the Enmotive pay portal. I’m really looking forward to watching her experience her first RAGBRAI. Worse case scenario would have the 2021 registration carry over, and she and I will find another ride for this year. Most likely, Pork belly’s Double Cross.

I am worrying, a little bit, about the lottery. Rumor has it there will be fewer official riders OK’ed by the lottery to allow for easier compliance with any protocols in place. In the past I have been part of a larger team and we always had everyone approved.

Hopefully, it will be almost normal.

Hope to finally meet you in I O W A !

Dizzy, December 30, 2020 at 11:54 am

I’m in. D

Gary Davis, December 30, 2020 at 4:29 pm

I am sign up and set up a team from Washington State . So far I have 5 on our team . Fingers crossed for the lottery.

Gypsy Rose, December 30, 2020 at 8:19 pm

I’ve signed on. I’ll see you there, Amanda!

Len Radin, December 31, 2020 at 2:03 am

I’m signed up for the first time and formed a team from Berkshire county, Massachusetts.

Randall Swoverland, December 31, 2020 at 6:59 pm

Im in first timer! Was signed up last year so no worries about the lottery this year!

John Richardson, January 1, 2021 at 8:21 am

Unfortunately I will not be participating in RAGBRAI 2021. If travel restrictions are relaxed next summer I plan to do a long tour instead. I’ll look forward to returning in 2022 though.

Amanda, January 2, 2021 at 12:17 pm

I am registered! Our team is really small this year. Not sure if we will be looking to join up with another small team or do RAGBRAI support. This will be my 21st RAGBRAI and I haven’t used RAGBRAI support. I am usually with a team that stay in peoples yards. Yes, I am spoiled!I guess that’s why I am the Princess! LOL

Eric Strobel, January 3, 2021 at 7:04 pm

I’m in! 2020 was to be my first so now 2021 will be my first…the blessing is my daughter is joining me and this will be her first organized ride…hope it happens.

Jim Martin, January 3, 2021 at 9:05 pm

I have long thought about doing this event.
Put my $ in for the lottery this year.
Paid for a flight.
Working on signing up for a charter.
I’m pretty committed.
Many questions coming as a first timer.

Gary Davis, January 3, 2021 at 9:55 pm

It’s my 1st time also and yes I have tons of questions also .
Good luck on the lottery if they don’t cancel it

mootsman, January 4, 2021 at 9:41 am

Gary, Try looking at the RAGBRAI FAQ section on the main website. Any questions you still have are best addressed as separate topics on this forum unless you join a team. Or go with a charter and they’ll have lots more information. You can check out PKBELLY.COM as they have lots of information on their website. If you join a team they’ll have lots of information also.

KenH, January 4, 2021 at 10:44 am

I carried my registration over from 2020 and I have checked it on the new registration site. I’m in and I too expect to be a retired dude by the end of July. My team is too small to support bringing the motorhome this year so I expect to be camping. With a charter, with a team we have coordinated with in years past, or with the RAGBRAI baggage trailer, I’m not sure. I would probably Pork Belly this year but I expect to travel with a friend and his son and I am not sure what they want to do at this point or what they can afford/justify. If it all comes off it will be the son’s first RAGBRAI.

No worries about the lottery for those of us who carried over. I have heard that there might be a lower limit on the number of riders this year so the lottery could bite harder than it has in the past. In a normal year there is generally no problem with buying registrations from those who have decided not to go after paying and winning the lottery. If you do get left out by the lottery keep your eyes on this website for posts from people who want to sell their registrations and act fast when you see one because the secondary market on registrations could be tighter this year. The other two riders I expect to be with could get left out of the lottery and I could be on my own for the second time, I suppose. I did that in 2016 with the Riverbend club charter and that was a great experience.

I hope to see you all in line at Beekmans this summer!

Andy, January 4, 2021 at 12:04 pm

I’m registered for RAGBRAI 2021, it will be my 4th time. First time in 2015 I was invited to join a group of long time RAGBRAI riders as they had available space. In 2017 I used a camping trailer and my brother-in-law was my driver and with my grandson they were my support crew. In 2018 my brother and his wife joined me, we shared the cost of renting a full sized RV, each day I rode in the morning to the ‘meet town’, they rode in the afternoon and I drove the RV to the next overnight stay. This summer I’m using a long time RAGBRAI charter company, will be camping in a tent for the first time. Very much looking forward to riding RAGBRAI again this summer and being surrounded by (mostly) wonderful fellow cyclists…

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015