Who here will be riding BOTH Iowa Ride and RAGBRAI?

Don’t give a shit about the politics involved…just super excited to across the state two times 🙂

Might do it self-supported for Iowas Ride and then have the trailer carry my stuff for RAGBRAI (maybe a good training technique???)

Adding an extra speaker (boombox) on the back of the bike for extra THUMPIN’ and BUMPIN’!

116 Replies

John Richardson, December 19, 2019 at 10:03 am

Cycling is my main priority so I also try to stay away from all the political noise and will be doing both rides self contained. Not a big fan of a lot of thumping and bumping though. We all have such different taste in music and when I’m forced to listen to music I find unappealing I just ride away from it.

FastEddy, December 19, 2019 at 2:46 pm

I’m registered for Iowa’s Ride. All set to ride RAGBRAI for the eleventh year, as long as I can get from one ride to the other. Let’s hope it happens.
“Double your pleasure, double your fun!”

Amanda, December 19, 2019 at 4:26 pm

I am planning to do both right now. However plans could change due to logistics and I am older…. LOL!

Uncle Kraig, December 19, 2019 at 4:42 pm

I imagine once the RAGBRAI route is announced, you will get more responses on this. I am guessing a lot of people are waiting to see how close the routes are. If RAGBRAI starts down south like Glenwood or somewhere like that, you will have a lot fewer people riding both or at least all of both. If it starts closer to the end town of Iowas Ride, you will likely have a lot more people riding some or all of both. Time will tell.

SFC JKL 2, December 19, 2019 at 10:37 pm

That’s the plan. I haven’t heard anything from the team yet, so I might be riding solo on the front half. There’s plenty of time to work out the details. I’m sure there will be shuttles on the back side when the time rolls around.

Papa T, December 20, 2019 at 2:42 pm

I plan to do both!I’m retired and have the time available. If IR is successful, I will be proud to say I did the first one. If not I’ll be VERY proud to brag I did the ONLY one. Connections will be important at both ends, but I cant believe some enterprising outfit will not provide connections if necessary. This will be the Most fascinating ride ever!! I cant go back and do the first one, but I can do the first Double! Did I mention I cannot wait!!!!

KenH, December 20, 2019 at 3:46 pm

I think this may be a once in a lifetime opportunity for those of you who can do it. It sounds like the 2021 IR could be different from a cross state ride. Rides in other states have formats different from RAGBRAI and TJ has hinted at a different format going forwards. This is not to say that there will never be another opportunity to cross the state twice in successive weeks, just that that might be an occasional opportunity rather than an annual one. If you are doing both ENJOY!

Sandaltan ., December 20, 2019 at 6:34 pm

Papa T: I was looking for something in the back of a dresser drawer a couple weeks ago and found the black wristband you gave me some years ago and I got to thinking that Zach aka Yoda would have been 21 years old this past year and likely pedaling along with you on RAGBRAI. I have decided to wear that same black wristband on all my long rides this coming season in memory of all our lost grandchildren.
I will be looking for buszilla and your great crew on both rides!

RIDE RIGHT

Papa T, December 21, 2019 at 9:44 am

Thanks for thinking of Yoda, You are correct, Nov 30 He would have been 21! Just in case you don’t know, His family now consists of his younger brother Nick, now in High School, and Triplets, Samatha, Joe, and Jack age 10. I consider myself a very lucky guy. AND am anxious to Participate In the VERY historic double cross state ride this summer. Did I mention I cannot wait?

Sexton, December 22, 2019 at 6:32 pm

I am planning to do both right now. However plans could change due to logistics and I am older…. LOL!

The Princess returns!

cwmurray, December 23, 2019 at 7:26 am

I’m also registered for both. As a 15 year ragbrai veteran I’m looking for the way to make it better. Double your pleasure with two weeks of riding. We will work the logistics out as time goes on. The free market will have plenty of shuttle options or we can just ride our bikes from finish to start. See you all in July.

Papa T, December 23, 2019 at 1:06 pm

Amanda, Cant wait to see you in July. Are you goin’ to the Route announcement in January?? And, Do you plan to take your whole team both ways?

Amanda, December 23, 2019 at 6:50 pm

I will probably skip the announcement party this year, although I want to meet Mr. Drake. Not sure who will do RAGBRAI with me. So far, it’s my cousins and me. Not sure if any of my team members believe I will do 2 weeks! Plus I get more PTO than the rest of the group. Can’t wait to see you, Papa T! And the rest of my RAGBRAI friends!

This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Amanda.

sjrs88, December 24, 2019 at 11:55 pm

As of now I’m planning on doing both! I’ve registered for Iowa’s Ride and the rest of my team has opted to do RAGBRAI (year 15 for us as a team). Was planning on bagging out to the start of RAGBRAI this year anyway, so I guess I’ll extend my trip. :-).

Jeff Brune, December 26, 2019 at 2:48 pm

Doing both would be a great adventure. I’m not sure how to navigate the transition from one ride to the other but it’s still early. I’m hopeful someone or some group will step forward to meet the demand that will be significant.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015