Who here will be riding BOTH Iowa Ride and RAGBRAI?

Don’t give a shit about the politics involved…just super excited to across the state two times ๐Ÿ™‚

Might do it self-supported for Iowas Ride and then have the trailer carry my stuff for RAGBRAI (maybe a good training technique???)

Adding an extra speaker (boombox) on the back of the bike for extra THUMPIN’ and BUMPIN’!

116 Replies

garywilk, January 9, 2020 at 6:20 pm

I think this may be a once in a lifetime and also my dad who is retired and has a motor home makes it really a once in a lifetime opportunity. My dad has done Ragbrai most years since the 80’s and he already offered to drive. He now likes just riding back a town or two and then to the end town. If a short leg, I will drive and ride back to him. These are really great opportunities for family and friends. Even if not close, the motorhome will make it easy. May end up offering a ride for a few if things work out. I will keep you posted if we have a few spare spots for a transfer. Last year my brother and nephew also went for a great family adventure. They are riding the rockies this year so we may have several spots.

John Little, January 11, 2020 at 7:36 pm

I plan to do both. It will be awesome if RAGBRAI’s route is somewhat compatible. Fingers crossed. I suppose there’ll be a 3rd party shuttle service willing to take folks from Rock Rapids to RAGBRAI start town, and perhaps from RAGBRAI end town to Dubuque.

Dizzy, January 12, 2020 at 1:49 pm

Like all of you above, I’m in for both rides.
Looking forward to the Route Announcement Party.
Then will have fingers crossed for favorable logistics on both ends.
See all of you double riders in Dubuque! D

Ben There, January 12, 2020 at 9:13 pm

Patiently awaiting route announcement. Would be great to be able to do both. We have been super lucky many times getting a week of great weather, but odds of getting two great-weather weeks in a row are slim, so hope for the best.

genefruit, January 13, 2020 at 7:51 am

Like others, I’ve signed up and plan to ride both. I hope for a Le Mars start to make it an easy ride from Rock River. Any substantive rumors of where RAGBRAI will start from?

Sandaltan ., January 15, 2020 at 8:44 pm

Two more charters have joined Iowa’s Ride which will provide options for those who wish to do both rides.

RIDE RIGHT

Luv 2 Ski, January 16, 2020 at 12:31 am

I hope all of you that do Iowa’s ride have fun but I have no interest in supporting Iowa’s ride. I still can not overcome the BS that came out of Iowa’s ride camp. TJ had an agenda to take out/over Ragbrai on his own and I will always have a problem with that. I will spend twice as much as I normally do on RAGBRAI so that Iowa benefits as if I rode 2 weeks in that fine state. I do not need another ride to do that.

Ragbrai 2020 all the way.

John Little, January 16, 2020 at 4:58 am

Awesome. Glad you’re able to express yourself on a thread that doesn’t apply to you, but I couldn’t care less what you think. I just just intent to enjoy an epic bike ride.

Jose Medina, January 16, 2020 at 6:55 am

I totally agree with Luv 2 Ski. I feel that way as many of us do !

John Little, January 16, 2020 at 6:56 am

Congratulations

Ken Reed, January 16, 2020 at 7:51 am

While I agree with Jose and Luv 2 Ski that IR was created in questionable circumstances, I won’t bash anyone for wanting to do both rides. Two weeks riding in Iowa is a luxury I wish I had the time to do.

John Little, January 16, 2020 at 8:02 am

I wonโ€™t bash anyone for wanting to do both rides. Two weeks riding in Iowa is a luxury I wish I had the time to do.

Thank you! I’m not from Iowa and am well aware that passions were high after the split. But it seems time to move on and have a good time.

I just can’t stand yum yuckers.

Ken Reed, January 16, 2020 at 8:28 am

I think the only time I would bash someone for doing IR only would be when they start going on a diatribe about the DMR and Gannett being corporate monsters. This would ignore the fact that the “corporate monster” has been the parent company of the DMR AND RAGBRAI since 1985 and they never had a issue with it until this year. Same thing with the contributions to the towns. It was never an issue with anyone until this year. If you want to do both rides, that’s great. Two weeks of riding your bike across Iowa is fantastic. I would just have an issue with someone doing the IR just to make a political (and hypocritical) statement.

John Little, January 16, 2020 at 8:35 am

If you want to do both rides, thatโ€™s great. Two weeks of riding your bike across Iowa is fantastic.

Yeah, the part about doing both rides being great, and riding across Iowa being fantastic… that’s how the thread started, and I’d love to see it stay that way.

Otherwise, uuugh ๐Ÿ™

garywilk, January 17, 2020 at 9:26 am

I am sure someone like OOS or Bubba will have a transfer since they are doing both routes. Down to 8 days left for route. There will also likely be a few others that might be able to catch a ride from.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015