Whole route announced?

When does the whole route get announced? I am anxious to see what towns we will pass through! Can’t wait!!

10 Replies

gas gas, March 11, 2020 at 5:19 pm

In 2019 it was announced on Sunday March 17th . Hope that helps .

gas gas, March 15, 2020 at 1:31 pm

On the RAGBRAI Facebook page : the pass thru towns will be announced at the end of March .

klkoopman, March 16, 2020 at 1:35 pm

Now look here, RAGBRAI, waiting until the end of the month is NOT COOL. March Madness is cancelled, bratty kids are home all day, grocery shelves are bare, the wife is freaking out because she has one 6-pack of toilet paper remaining and all the bars are CLOSED. The only thing we can look forward to in late March is sitting on the couch with a laptop googling the pass-through towns and identifying hills on Mapquest. You’ve got to do us a solid and save us from our horrible quarantined lives, let’s GET MOVING!

This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by klkoopman.

Amanda, March 16, 2020 at 3:19 pm

Very well said, Mr. Koopman! We need some joy in our lives.

KenH, March 17, 2020 at 9:31 am

Sorry for the psychic pain so many of you are having to endure. My modern, enlightened employer is taking extremely sacrificial measures to enable us to survive this time of fear, uncertainty, and a total lack of anything to do.

He is letting us work from home!

Jose Medina, March 17, 2020 at 2:37 pm

Hi KenH , did you say work from home or bike from home.I hope you live somewhere warm . Lucky you !

KenH, March 17, 2020 at 9:03 pm

I live in NE Illinois in the Chicago metro area. We are warmer than usual this year but no warmer than northern Iows.

Amanda, March 18, 2020 at 7:31 am

I am working from home now too. My gym is closed. Aquatic Center closed. I am hoping for warmer weather so I can ride my bike.I can’t complain. I have my hubby, and dog to keep me company. Have a warm home and food in my belly. BUT if the whole route was announced, well that put a smile on my face!

John Richardson, March 18, 2020 at 9:15 am

Since I’m retired my lifestyle has changed very little. Ran my 6 miles yesterday and with the rain today I’ll just put some miles on my trainer, but much like the rest of you I would enjoy seeing the complete route as well.

Gypsy Rose, March 18, 2020 at 7:27 pm

From where I sit in rural Vermont, physical distancing is the norm. During the winter months, through mud season, I regularly get out for daily walks along the dirt roads that encircle my homestead (after which I’m able to get back on the bike). Rarely do I see an automobile or another human. Today, however, I noted three humans in the course of six miles! Must have been rush hour.

While I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else but on this beautiful hillside farm, I look so forward to the annual pilgrimage to Iowa to enjoy the company of all you incredible folks. Like you, I can’t wait to see the details of this year’s route, although I’m growing increasingly skeptical about the likelihood of the ride going forward as planned.

Be well.

Cheers,
~ Kevin

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015