RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Yes, I'm the jerk that will remove posts that are ridiculous

Stick to posts that are relevant about RAGBRAI.. do not bash other people, do not bash towns or our volunteer hosts,,, if you have a relevant comment or criticism that is fine… we happen to love our state and our riders. so if you want to be a troll, go somewhere else.

35 Replies

prince page, February 9, 2019 at 12:13 pm

hey john, why did you make that wise crack on my post about doing meth at the police station? why dude you are very disrespectful. try and be nicer.

John Wright, February 9, 2019 at 12:23 pm

Wasn’t my wisecrack (go back and look). But anyways we’ve all said enough on this. Enjoy you’re RAGBRAI….

RDaryl Daryl, February 9, 2019 at 12:37 pm

I sense from the title of this thread, that our good friend TJ has a sense of humor.
However, it seems the administrator of the forum will tolerate the ridiculous posts only until they get crazy stupid.
Over the years I have come to see that people who have not experienced RAGBRAI and the genuine Iowa hospitality approach the ride with much concern and uncertainty. The biggest challenge after participating in RAGBRAI is trying to explain it to someone who has not participated.
A big thanks to TJ, the extended RAGBRAI crew of volunteers, charter operators, bike shops, state troopers, ambulance crew, and volunteers in every town we visit for making the RAGBRAI logistics invisible to the registered riders.
RAGBRAI nation and the world of cycling would not be the same without this annual migration.

prince page, February 9, 2019 at 5:02 pm

i apoligize to the other posters about drubbing keokuk, but please bear with me . most of my post are revelant!!

Jboz, February 9, 2019 at 7:20 pm

If you are uncomfortable with parking your car in Keokuk, just park in Burlington, dip there and bail Friday night. Problem solved. The rest of the RAGBRAI circus will ride on into Keokuk and take our chances with the great people there. Life is pretty much a gamble at every turn. There are no guarantees. The world is a wide spectrum of people…mostly wonderful people who would give you the shirt off their back, a few unfortunates who made some bad choices, and a very small number of really bad people. I’m sure Keokuk is the same, as is Council Bluffs, Winterset and all the rest. Sometimes you roll the dice. By the way, the last time my car was broken into it was parked across the street from a $2mm house in a supposedly crime-free neighborhood. I also once lived in what many would consider a sketchy neighborhood in DC…over 5 years there and nobody ever messed with my car.

Alan_50501, February 9, 2019 at 7:25 pm

Thanks TJ

prince page, February 10, 2019 at 11:41 am

yes i agree it’s a gamble, but i feel almost certin my car will be ok. but its just that i am concrened about it. but anyhow thanks jboz!!

Jboz, February 11, 2019 at 7:18 am

Not to beat a dead horse, but I just connected the dots. The person who is posting here worrying about theft in Keokuk is the same person who openly posted his intentions to ride bandit in the “panniers or racks” thread. I really have nothing more to say on this matter and will let forum readers draw their own conclusions from here.

Lynn Sesker, February 11, 2019 at 9:49 am

Hi TJ, I recently joined the forum and would like to start a post, but am not sure how to do it. Any help is appreciated. Basically, I am wondering if two of us TX gals register as riders and my husband drives our motor home and will be registered as a non rider, will we be considered a group of 3 to get a vehicle pass? We are SO excited to be participating this year!!!!

mootsman, February 11, 2019 at 1:42 pm

Lynn,

to start your own thread/post in the forum you first click on one of the subject areas to the right. You’ll get a screen that will allow a new post then under that subject. You can tell because a subject line will be empty and waiting for you to fill in.

3 of you I think can create your own team. I think they have special parking for RVs but get a Vehicle permit asap as those sell out.

TJ knows more details no doubt.

prince page, February 11, 2019 at 3:47 pm

look i have not posted in any other topics just this one entitled ragbrai 2019. yes i am riding alone and for the most part, yes i am not paying the lottery fee. and the only reason is it takes to long to find your gear.

i mean it would be much better not to ride with panneirs , but i have no choice sorry folks that’s just the way it is.

Lynn Sesker, February 11, 2019 at 4:14 pm

Thank you! If I registered our motor home, do I still have to apply for a vehicle pass? If so, when? Thanks for your help!

Luv 2 Ski, February 11, 2019 at 4:15 pm

Here we go again, and again, and again, and again. If it is not one thing it is another.

PP,

I understand there is a bike event in Strugis that does not have a lottery, and much easier to find our gear. You should try that instead.

Jonathan Jones, February 11, 2019 at 5:12 pm

TJ is a jerk, and I have video evidence! Here is a video of him giving my NOLES jersey a thumbs down last year in Wellman! BTW, Wellman was awesome!

The day I met TJ

Candace Spaur, February 12, 2019 at 5:38 am

Amanda, my thought exactly.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters