Registration deadline extended to April 15 for weeklong rider, weeklong non-rider, and vehicles passes!

Yes, I'm the jerk that will remove posts that are ridiculous

Stick to posts that are relevant about RAGBRAI.. do not bash other people, do not bash towns or our volunteer hosts,,, if you have a relevant comment or criticism that is fine… we happen to love our state and our riders. so if you want to be a troll, go somewhere else.

35 Replies

Jim Hemphill, February 12, 2019 at 6:47 am

I was prepared to defend the guy worried about parking. My argument was going to be that worries about safety of property are rational, and that we don’t want to restrict questions to those with better social skills and writing ability.

Then I saw his statement that he’s going to ride without registering and paying the fee. Never mind what I said above. The guy should find a different event. It is surely unreasonable to use a forum provided by RAGBRAI and supported by RAGBRAI volunteers to inquire about parking provided by RAGBRAI while throwing shade on an Iowa town that voluntarily supports thousands of cyclists doing RAGBRAI.

Joe Chavis, February 12, 2019 at 2:17 pm

Hi, late on seeing this post, question concern. All I gotta say is… if you do not wish to legally register, this ain’t the spot to brag about it. AND if your only reason to not do so is “too hard to find your bags” carry em with you as you obviously plan to do anyway. You are allowed to ride self contained as a registered rider.

Also added to all I got to say. Take all the ‘stuff’ you are worried about in your car out of your car before the trip. Leave it at home. I’m sure not everybody wants to steal your Prius. Be Fun Have Safe.

Bluestreelguy ., February 17, 2019 at 9:56 am

how do you argue with a guy looking out for the good of group as a whole?

KenH, February 17, 2019 at 6:49 pm

Lynn, I don’t know if you got an answer or not. To my knowledge there is no way to “register” a motorhome or other team vehicle other than to apply for a vehicle pass for it. If you go to “My RAGBRAI” using the button at the top right corner of any RAGBRAI webpage (as long as you are logged in!) you can select “My Group and on the left edge of the page will be a series of buttons including one for vehicles. You should see an orange circle on the group members button with a 3 in it in your case and the vehicle button should have and orange circle with a 1 in it if you have correctly applied for a vehicle pass for it. Click on the button and you should see some information about your vehicle.

If you want, you can also email the @ragbrai.com">info@ragbrai.com helpdesk and I think someone there can pull up your group information and verify that you have done it right.

KenH, February 17, 2019 at 6:52 pm

Oh, and if TJ is a jerk, he is my kind of jerk! If you are a Shakespeare fan, let it be remembered that he is a jerk, even though it not be written down….

Viewing 5 replies - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI