RAGBRAI extending registration and cancellation deadline due to Coronavirus.

RAGBRAI nation,

We want to address your concerns and questions directly about our plans as they pertain to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).

We’ve had an initial conversation with the Iowa Department of Public Health and at this time, we are proceeding with plans to host RAGBRAI XLVIII on July 19-25, 2020. That said, we will continue to work closely with the IDPH and community officials to ensure we are taking the proper precautions and making decisions that are in the best interest of our riders, communities, and business partners.

We will extend our weeklong registration and refund deadline to June 01, 2020. 

We will continue to keep a close eye on the developments as they pertain to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will communicate with all impacted parties should any of our policies or timeline change.

Please direct any questions to Anne Lawrie at anne@ragbrai.com.

Thank you,



James Cox, Mar 14, 2020 at 7:57 am

I have decided to cancel. I am a member of the ADBC team. What do I need to do to cancel and get a refund? Thank you.

Paul DeRoy, Mar 14, 2020 at 11:17 am

I’m really counting on everything being cured and virus free by ride time!!

smithjosepha, Mar 14, 2020 at 3:57 pm

Would it be OK to ride dressed as a bottle of Corona? TJ said no but he’s a killjoy.

kimmassa, Mar 14, 2020 at 8:04 pm

Thanks for the refund deadline extension. We are hoping we won’t need it! We love this ride!

cheymtn70, Mar 15, 2020 at 3:08 pm

Does RAGBRAI have a ride cancellation date in mind? I’m assuming that it’s a go/no go on June 1st (or sooner). Too many people making too many travel plans from all over the world … and all the other logistics that go into RAGBRAI. Thanks.

David Yonda, Mar 15, 2020 at 8:01 pm

We are Americans, we always find a way, I pray that this virus is just a bump in the road, if we have a flat we fix it and keep riding .We are in it for the long haul. Ragbrai will go on. I plan to see all of you on the road. Sincerely. David E Yonda

Lori Brody, Mar 19, 2020 at 2:29 pm

So does this mean that we don’t have to register as a weeklong rider prior to April 1 for the lottery?

Mary Myers, Mar 21, 2020 at 1:16 pm

I have always been the contact person for Team WOW (#609). How do I change the name of the contact person to another member of my team? Please let me know. Thank you,.

richard nehring, Mar 22, 2020 at 7:56 am

full route date?

Rick Miller, Mar 22, 2020 at 11:08 am

Madison Stegman sent me an email declaring March 22 as the day the actual route would be announced. Well today is March 22nd but I don’t see the full route.

Anne Lawrie, Mar 23, 2020 at 12:17 pm

Hi Richard and Rick

Given the news cycle right now, we made the decision to hold the announcement of the full route. Stay tuned as we will release is in the coming weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you, Anne Lawrie.

Megan Huelman, Mar 26, 2020 at 3:24 pm

I sincerely hope that this ride can still be held in July (though I’m not opposed to Aug or Sept 🙂 ). This was to be my first year and a celebration of my father’s ride 40 years ago. I’ve been training and I think this kind of event is JUST what the country/world needs once this pandemic is over. Maybe I’m being optimistic it will be over by July… 😀

Stephanie Klassen, Mar 27, 2020 at 12:39 pm

With all the unexpected training time now available. This should be the most fit and ready group in RAGBRAI History !!! There’s a Silver Lining

E B, Mar 27, 2020 at 9:03 pm

How do I cancel? I logged in and there is no option to cancel. I sent an email to anne@ragbrai.com will that work?

KenCulwell, Mar 29, 2020 at 2:30 pm

Is there a go/no go date in mind? If June 1 is the cancellation date, it certainly must be before that to give all registered participants time to react.

My bet is that the go/no go decision will be the day before all of the merchandise is ordered.

trombonebiker, Apr 19, 2020 at 6:59 pm

Is a decision still going to be made by April 20 or has that been extended?

Leave a Comment