REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for 2019 RAGBRAI XLVII
THE DEADLINE FOR WEEKLONG RIDER REGISTRATION HAS PASSED – DAY PASSES AND WEEKLONG NONRIDER REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE ONLINE THROUGH JUNE 1
REGISTER FOR THE RIDE — CLICK HERE
LINKS TO REGISTRATION STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Create a RAGBRAI.com User Account
- Submit a Ride Entry as an Individual
- Submit a Ride Entry as a Group Member
- Submit a Ride Entry for a Minor
- Create or Manage a Group
- Close Group Instructions
The original signed copy of the minor waiver must be mailed to the RAGBRAI office. The waiver must be mailed in by the registration deadline.
400 Locust Street, Suite 500
Des Moines, IA 50309
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE REGISTRATION SYSTEM
- To register for RAGBRAI, you must have a RAGBRAI.com user account. Parents register minors using the parent’s RAGBRAI.com user account. Other than minor registrations, each registration must have a unique user account. You cannot register multiple people under one user account.
- To pay for your registration after submitting, go to My RAGBRAI and select the Pay option. DO NOT step through the registration process again. The system will think you want to register a minor.
- Group contacts select between Group and Individual Pay – group members will pay online rather than making payment to the group contact for Individual Pay groups
- Join an open Group, even after registering as an Individual
- Print an invoice from the Payment Page and from the Registration Status page
RAGBRAI XLVII ROUTE:
- SUNDAY JULY 21: Gravel Loop and Mile of Silence – Council Bluffs to Atlantic, 59.9 miles, 2825 feet of climb
- MONDAY JULY 22: Celebrate 100 Years of American Legion – Atlantic to Winterset, 68.1 miles, 2044 feet of climb
- TUESDAY JULY 23: Parkinson’s Awareness Day Honoring Davis Phinney and Iowa AG Oasis – Winterset to Indianola, 39.9 miles, 1374 feet of climb
- WEDNESDAY JULY 24: Karras Loop and PeopleForBikes Day – Indianola to Centerville, 84.3 miles, 3252 feet of climb
- THURSDAY JULY 25: RAGBRAI Jersey Day – Centerville to Fairfield, 65.9 miles, 2328 feet of climb
- FRIDAY JULY 26: College Spirit Day – Fairfield to Burlington, 65.6 miles, 1521 feet of climb
- SATURDAY JULY 27: Tire dip in Mississippi River – Burlington to Keokuk, 62.8 miles, 1686 feet of climb
- $175, plus tax for a weeklong rider (riding all week)
- $35, plus tax for a weeklong non-rider (support drivers and friends or family in a support vehicle on the ride but not riding a bike)
- $30, plus tax for a daily wristband (register for one or more days you would like to ride – you will receive a different color wristband for each day you purchase)
- After online registration has closed, daily wristbands and non-rider wristbands will be available for purchase on the ride at the RAGBRAI Expo the day before RAGBRAI begins, at the RAGBRAI merchandise trailers in each town, or at the RAGBRAI baggage truck during the week.
- Vehicle Passes (required for access to the RAGBRAI campground with your vehicle during the ride – available to groups of 3 or more registered participants) NOTE: The group contact must request the vehicle pass when submitting the group registration. The vehicle pass cannot be purchased separately at a later time. Vehicle passes are only available to those who submit an online registration.
$40, plus tax for a weeklong personal car/truck/SUV vehicle pass
$75, plus tax for a weeklong RV or Bus pass
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- January 26, 2019 – RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party & Iowa Bike Expo
- February 15, 2019 – Deadline to register via paper application
- April 1, 2019 – Deadline for weeklong rider registration and for requesting a registration refund
- May 1, 2019 – Lottery results are posted
- May 18, 2019 – Pigtails Ride at Prairie Trail III
- June 1, 2019 – 2019 Registration closes
- June 15, 2019 – BACooN Ride SIX
- July 20, 2019 – RAGBRAI XLVII Expo
- July 21-27, 2019 – RAGBRAI XLVII
400 Locust Street, Suite 500
Des Moines, IA 50309
Registration fees are non-refundable as of April 1, 2019. There is a $25 per participant processing fee for refunds. If you are in a group, contact your group contact first. The group contact may know of someone to purchase your wristband. Email us at email@example.com to request your refund.
If you are unable to participate in RAGBRAI, and won’t be asking for a refund on your registration, you have the option to sell your wristband packet on our RAGBRAI Forum, Craigslist, or to a friend. The transfer of wristbands and money is between the two parties involved. We will mail the wristband packet to the original owner, or group contact if in a group. The new owner will transfer the ownership of the wristbands to their name with our online transfer before the ride. Look for the RAGBRAI online transfer form and waiver on our website in June 2019.
RAGBRAI is primarily a tent camping event. The overnight host towns may provide an opportunity to apply for private housing. Only those who finalized registration by the April 1 deadline are eligible to apply for private housing. Beginning May 1 you may apply for housing with each overnight host town using the wristband number you were issued as part of the lottery. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ANY TOWN BEFORE MAY 1 TO REQUEST HOUSING OR MAKE CAMPING ARRANGEMENTS. You must provide your wristband number to apply. Be prepared to pay a non-refundable application fee (around $3) payable to each overnight host town at the time that you submit your application. The overnight host towns will try to match as many riders with host families as they can, but housing is not guaranteed. It is subject to host families willing to open their homes.
All wristband packets will be mailed no later than July 1, starting with packets for those who registered by the April 1 deadline. The wristband packet will be sent to the mailing address included in your registration. If your address changes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE APRIL 1 to update your shipping address. Updating your address in your RAGBRAI.com user account won’t be sufficient to ensure your packet is mailed to the correct address. Packets will be mailed to you if you are registered as an individual, or to your group contact if you registered as part of a group. Recipients of the packages will receive an email with a tracking number when the package is sent. RAGBRAI is not responsible for lost, misplaced, or misdirected packets due to an incorrect address.
The Wristband Packet Will Include:
- Weeklong Riders will receive a numbered rider band, bike band, & luggage tag, and an unnumbered patch certificate and license plate.
- Weeklong non-Riders will receive a numbered wristband only.
- Day Pass Riders will receive a numbered rider band for each day they purchased, and unnumbered bike band, luggage tag and license plate. Daily riders do not receive a patch certificate.
- All vehicle passes requested will be sent to the group contact.
- All jerseys, shorts, bibs and other merchandise ordered with registration will be sent with the wristband packet.
- Souvenir pack t-shirts and water bottles ordered with registration will be sent with the wristband packet. The 2019 RAGBRAI DVD will be sent after the ride. The premium pack poster will be sent separately. The poster and DVD will be sent to the mailing address listed on the registration whether you registered as an individual or part of a group.
- 2019 RAGBRAI Participant Guide for all weeklong riders.
- A Packing List will be included listing everything in the wristband packet.
Contact us at email@example.com or call 515-284-8341