Virtually the Best Rhubarb Rumble
Enter the 2020 Rhubarb Rumble Pie Eating Contest!
Let’s get ready to rumble! Think you have what it takes to compete with the pros? Each year The Des Moines Register and NPR (No Pie Refused) duke it out in a pie eating contest. This year we’re opening the contest to virtually anyone! Keep reading for rules and the entry form.
- Your team’s goal is to eat a complete pie in the shortest amount of time. You can have as many as eight team members per team, or as few as one contender.
- Your pie must be one of these types of fruit pie: rhubarb, strawberry rhubarb, apple, cherry, peach, or blueberry. It must be a standard 9” in diameter and cut into eight slices.
- Record you or one of your team members measuring your pie, then demonstrate that it is cut into the requisite eight pieces. Then, let the fun begin!
- Record yourselves eating the pie as fast as possible – best time wins! Timing begins at the first bite of pie.
- This is a relay event – only one person can eat at a time. Plating the pieces ahead of time is allowed.
- Timing ends when the pie is gone. Put down your fork and plate to signal the end of your turn.
- All submissions are due by Monday, July 13. We will edit all submissions and share them on our social media, website, and newsletter. By submitting an entry you grant RAGBRAI the right to use your video for competition purposes. There is no monetary compensation for entries, just glory… and maybe a Major Award.
- The team with the fastest time will win a Major Award and will be recognized at the 2021 LIVE Rhubarb Rumble between NPR and The Des Moines Register in Waterloo, Iowa! Your video will also be used as the Time to Beat for the NPR and Des Moines Register pie eating teams.
- Questions? Need a ruling on the field? Email andrea@RAGBRAI.com