Fort DodgeMonday - July 26
- 67.2 Miles
- 996 Feet To Climb
We’ll be Rollin’ on the River, RAGBRAI®!
Fort Dodge is thrilled to host RAGBRAI on Monday, July 26th, 2021.
On behalf of the citizens of Fort Dodge and our City Council, I am pleased to welcome RAGBRAI back to Fort Dodge and to Webster County, IA.
In all my years in Fort Dodge, I find this is one of the most exciting times to call this community home. With a population of more than 24,000, we are the county seat for Webster County and a major commercial center for North Central and Northwest Iowa.
Fort Dodge was founded in 1869 and was originally a military fort. Throughout history, Fort Dodge has seen many changes, but today is thriving more than ever. It continues to show economic growth and the community continues to come together to find ways to make Fort Dodge a dynamic and exciting place to live.
Fort Dodge is a friendly town with wonderful neighborhoods, first-class educational opportunities, state-of-the-art health services, many service clubs and organizations, and an array of arts and culture — as well as boundless activities through recreation, local attractions, and entertainment venues. We have made many improvements to our community since RAGBRAI was here in 2015. Together we have made great strides within our infrastructure, retail, recreational, and educational opportunities that have helped our community thrive. It is my hope that you will find Fort Dodge a great stop on your RAGBRAI journey.
Again, I welcome you to our great community. Enjoy your stay here and discover why Fort Dodge is a healthy, vibrant community in which to live, work, and play.Learn more about Fort Dodge here!
If you’re as excited as we are and want to show your Fort Dodge pride, you can order apparel here:GET YOUR SWAG ON
Have you started training yet? Because we’ve started gearing up for your arrival. From beginning to end, we’ll show you exactly how Fort Dodge is Rollin’ on the River!
Fort Dodge is always rockin’ and rollin’. From live entertainment, refreshments, and good ole community hospitality, we’ll welcome you into Downtown Fort Dodge and guide you to our unique locally-owned restaurants, breweries, pubs, and shops. You’re not going to want to leave!
We are ridiculously excited to announce our entertainment for Monday, but we’re not quite there yet. Check back here and/or visit our Facebook page for the official announcements.
Food and Vendors
We’re looking for a few good vendors! If you’re interested in applying to be a vendor in Fort Dodge during RAGBRAI, please fill out the appropriate form below.
You can always email us with any questions at email@example.com.
Directions & Parking
Once we have the full route — complete with map and shuttle information, we’ll pop it in here, so stay tuned!
We’re going to get you set up along the river with easy access to historic downtown Fort Dodge and all the amenities you’ll need.
Sunkissed Meadows is a 30+ acre former par-3 ball golf course that over time has been converted to an 18-hole disc golf course. Nestled into the Des Moines River Valley, affectionately called Sunkissed by locals, this park provides a plush grass surface with numerous trees that continue to provide tough angles and obstacles for any disc golfer’s enjoyment and bountiful shade for all users of the park.
The large tranquil park has an outdoor exercise equipment station located on the intersection of two connecting trail systems that surround the natural landscape. On the other end, a R/C (Remote Control) vehicle track provides for weeknight leagues and weekend tournaments, bring R/C enthusiasts from all around. This park provides a variety of passive, do on your own, recreational opportunities, for users of all ages and interest.
Due to its large size and proximity to downtown, Sunkissed is home to many special events, including 5K walk/runs, Car Cruises, and a variety of other community events. This year’s RAGBRAI, will be the first here, but definitely not the last time this area will host RAGBRAI as a main campground.
We are currently not assigning campgrounds/RVs to riders or teams. We won’t begin communication on that until May 4th, 2021 after RAGBRAI has announced their lottery results and riders have been assigned their wristbands. If you would like to submit a request now, you may do so and we will follow up when we are ready.
We are tremendously grateful to the residents of Fort Dodge for their hospitality not only during RAGBRAI, but also year-round. We know that life will get a little wild on Monday, July 26th and Tuesday, July 27th, so we plan on letting you know any alternate routes for getting to work and play during that time. Keep an eye on this space for more information as it becomes available.Click here to host riders in your yard
We’ve created a Facebook Group where residents and cyclists can work together for housing. Take a look here:
If you do not use Facebook and would like assistance hosting or being hosted, click here:Submit housing request here
Everyone knows that it’s the volunteers that make the magic happen. Join us in welcoming our guests by becoming a volunteer.
Let’s Talk About COVID-19:
For up-to-date information about the COVID-19 precautions we’re taking here in Fort Dodge and Webster County, please refer to the following:
Additionally, here is what RAGBRAI plans as far as COVID-19 mitigation:
- Online pre-event health screening will be required of all participants
- Daily health screening will be required of all staff, vendors, and volunteers
- Participants, staff, vendors, and volunteers will be required to wear a mask when social distancing is not possible
- Hand sanitizer must be available at all vendor locations, in SAG wagons, and will be provided to towns for entertainment venues & volunteer use
- Appropriate COVID-19 mitigation signage provided by RAGBRAI will be posted at the entrance to all areas of the ride expected to have large numbers of participants or spectators
- All venues and towns will be encouraged to recommend outdoor dining to their restaurants and bars
- Indoor hosted housing will not be supported by RAGBRAI
RAGBRAI reserves the right to add or remove any of the above mitigation methods based on current State of Iowa recommendations and industry best practices.
Iowa FallsTuesday - July 27
- 54.9 Miles
- 1,006 Feet To Climb
The little river town in the middle of it all! Iowa Falls has the beautiful bluffs and rolling hills of northeast Iowa but sits in the central part of the state, surrounded by the best farmland in the country, livestock producers that feed the world and boast a vibrant downtown business community. The Iowa River is at the center of everything we do, we’re Nautical by Nature, but we know how to hit the trails, too!
One of the shortest rides will be on Tuesday so plan to ride the 54.9 miles into town early and spend the day exploring our Scenic City. Plenty of things to see and do downtown and along the river. You can plan to tube down the river, shop in our downtown stores, see some unique sites, and take in all the nautical small town fun we have in store for you!
- 8pm-11pm – Sellout
- 6pm-8pm – Pert Near Sandstone
- 4pm-6pm – One Track Mind
- 2pm-4pm – Tank Anthony
- 1pm-2pm – Brian Herrin
- 12am-1pm – Aaron McClanahan
- 11am-1pm – The Day Drinkers
- 7:30am-10am Wednesday morning – The Spacemen
Food and Vendors
We will have plenty of food and vendors in our downtown area, many local restaurants and churches will be serving up carbs for you! Click below for applications to sign up to be a food vendor or non-food vendor (deadline June 25).Food Vendor Application
Food vendors serving you in Iowa Falls on July 27th:
- Caribbean Kitchen (Jerk chicken sandwich, Jerk chicken rice bowl, Caribbean Cuban sandwich, Jerk pork rice bowl)
- Amos Deans (Brisket sandwich, horseradish, slaw, Kielbasa with apple bacon kraut, BBQ pork sandwich and slaw, BLT, basil vinaigrette)
- Pacific Rim Noodle House (Wok fired fresh veggies with fresh worked soba noodles)
- Pizza Til Sundown (Personal Pizza, Boneless Wings, Chicken Sandwich, Fries)
- The Outside Scoop (Single Scoop and Double Scoops)
- Karam’s Mediteranean Grill (Lamb gyro bowl, Chicken gyro bowl, Chicken shawarma wrap, Lamb gyro)
- The Wandering Mug (Breakfast Sandwich, Coffee, Hot Tea, Americano, Espresso, Hot and Iced Lattes, Cold Brew Coffee, Specialty Lemonades, Iced Teas)
- Los Primos Grill/Los Primos in the Bag (Fajitas, Rice Bowl, Burritos, Tacos, Walking Tacos, Nachos Taco Salad, Fajitas, Walking Gyros Walking Philly Cheesesteak, Smoothies & Drinks)
- Jose’s Tacos (Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas, Philly Sandwich)
- Dang Brother Pizza (13 Different Pizzas plus more)
- The Big Red Food Truck (Fried Taco, Walking Taco Boat, Beef and Lamb Gyro)
- El Burrito Loco (Quesadilla, Burrito, Tortas)
- Summer Kitchen (Pretzel, Street Tacos, Lemonade, Smoothies)
- Taco Express (Burrito, Steak Taco, Quesadilla, Nachos)
- A Mouthful (Bison Burger, Bison Rites, Gyro, Hotdogs, Fries, Cheese Balls, Donuts, Salads & More)
- Iowa Falls – Alden High School Cadet Kitchen (Hot Beef Sundae and Containers of Fresh Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- River’s Edge Church (Taco Bowls or Salads ground beef/pork, black beans, all the trimmings, Homemade Bars, & Drinks)
- Bethany Lutheran Church (Chicken Alfredo, Bread, Cookie, & Drink)
- Iowa Falls United Methodist Church (Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake, Breadsticks, Green Beans, Fresh Fruit Mix, Homemade Bars, Cookies, & Drinks)
- St. Mark’s Catholic Church (Spaghetti -meat or no meat sauce, Breadsticks, Cookies, & Drink)
- Iowa IV Elective IV services for fluid and vitamin replenishment and medication for symptom relief.
Directions & Parking
Our town map along with directions, shuttles, and information will be here when we have it finalized!
We are a small town with lots of green space. We have the main RAGBRAI campground located at Iowa Falls High School and 11 other campgrounds complete with portable toilets, showers, and trash receptacles available around town. There are charters set up in 7 of the campgrounds. Open campgrounds are first come first serve located at Legion Field, Heritage Care Center, Foster Park, and the Fire Station). Note: If you are looking for housing or a yard to camp in scroll farther down to see the “Housing” section below.
RV/Camper Parking Areas RED
Our town is going to quadruple for the day so we will be providing information to residents with road closures and alternate routes during that time. You will want to get your bread and eggs on Monday and pull up a chair Tuesday mid-morning on Washington Ave for the all day RAGBRAI parade! The route comes in from Alden on Washington Ave up to Main St so plan to route around Washington and the downtown area. Walking or riding your bike that day will be your best option!
Iowa Falls RAGBRAI T-Shirt Pre-Orders Here
Payment and pre-orders must be in by June 27. Shirt pick up will be Monday, July 12 at Iowa Falls City Hall or for shipping please note in the comment box at the bottom of the page! Checks should be made out to Scenic City Civic Foundation and sent to PO Box 40, Iowa Falls, IA 50126T-SHIRT PRE ORDER FORM
We will not be matching riders with residence for housing needs this year. If riders or teams have connections with local Iowa Falls residents feel free to reach out to them directly to coordinate your stay. This decision was made with the safety and health of the riders and residence of Iowa Falls in mind. Feel free to send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we know of available housing.
If you are interested in finding housing or camping in Iowa Falls we have set up a Facebook Group where incoming riders can find places to stay in our community. Make a post about what you are able to offer or what you are looking for and then you will be able to communicate amongst each other!IOWA FALLS HOUSING MATCH
Iowa Falls is looking volunteers for set up on July 26, all day on July 27, and the morning of July 28. Please sign up below for a time and note the area you want to work!
Individual Volunteers Registration:INDIVIDUAL VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION
Groups Volunteer Registration (10+ people):GROUP REGISTRATION
When/where is the AA meeting in Iowa Falls?