Iowa FallsTuesday - July 27
- 54.9 Miles
- 1,006 Feet To Climb
The little river town in the middle of it all! Iowa Falls has the beautiful bluffs and rolling hills of northeast Iowa but sits in the central part of the state, surrounded by the best farmland in the country, livestock producers that feed the world and boast a vibrant downtown business community. The Iowa River is at the center of everything we do, we’re Nautical by Nature, but we know how to hit the trails, too!
One of the shortest rides will be on Tuesday so plan to ride the 54.9 miles into town early and spend the day exploring our Scenic City. Plenty of things to see and do downtown and along the river. You can plan to tube in the river, shop in our downtown stores, see some unique sites, and take in all the nautical small town fun we have in store for you!
- 8pm-11pm – Sellout
- 6pm-8pm – Pert Near Sandstone
- 4pm-6pm – One Track Mind
- 2pm-4pm – Tank Anthony
- 1pm-2pm – Brian Herrin
- 12am-1pm – Aaron McClanahan
- 11am-1pm – The Day Drinkers
- 7:30am-10am Wednesday morning – The Spacemen
Food and Vendors
We will have plenty of food and vendors, many local restaurants, and churches in our downtown area serving up carbs for you on July 27th!
Food Vendors Located Downtown by the Entertainment:
- Caribbean Kitchen Downtown (Jerk chicken sandwich, Jerk chicken rice bowl, Caribbean Cuban sandwich, Jerk pork rice bowl)
- Amos Deans (Brisket sandwich, horseradish, slaw, Kielbasa with apple bacon kraut, BBQ pork sandwich and slaw, BLT, basil vinaigrette)
- Pacific Rim Noodle House (Wok fired fresh veggies with fresh worked soba noodles)
- Pizza Til Sundown (Personal Pizza, Boneless Wings, Chicken Sandwich, Fries)
- The Outside Scoop (Single Scoop and Double Scoops)
- Karam’s Mediteranean Grill (Lamb gyro bowl, Chicken gyro bowl, Chicken shawarma wrap, Lamb gyro)
- The Wandering Mug (Breakfast Sandwich, Coffee, Hot Tea, Americano, Espresso, Hot and Iced Lattes, Cold Brew Coffee, Specialty Lemonades, Iced Teas)
- Los Primos Grill/Los Primos in the Bag (Fajitas, Rice Bowl, Burritos, Tacos, Walking Tacos, Nachos Taco Salad, Fajitas, Walking Gyros Walking Philly Cheesesteak, Smoothies & Drinks)
- Jose’s Tacos (Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas, Philly Sandwich)
- Dang Brother Pizza (13 Different Pizzas plus more)
- The Big Red Food Truck (Fried Taco, Walking Taco Boat, Beef and Lamb Gyro)
- El Burrito Loco (Quesadilla, Burrito, Tortas)
- Summer Kitchen (Pretzel, Street Tacos, Lemonade, Smoothies)
- Taco Express (Burrito, Steak Taco, Quesadilla, Nachos)
- A Mouthful (Bison Burger, Bison Rites, Gyro, Hotdogs, Fries, Cheese Balls, Donuts, Salads & More)
- Garcia’s Taqueria (Tacos Steak, Chicken, and Marinated Pork, Burritos, Quesadilla, Mexican Corn)
- Big Acai Bowls (Sorbet Bowls, Juice, & Bars)
- Kona Ice (Flavor your own Kona shaved ice)
- Americana Concessions (Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Corn Dogs, Tenderloins)
Food Vendors Located in Other Areas:
- IFA High School Cadet Kitchen 1903 North, Taylor Ave (Hot Beef Sundae and Containers of Fresh Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- River’s Edge Church 204 College Ave (Taco Bowls or Salads ground beef/pork, black beans, all the trimmings, Homemade Bars, & Drinks)
- Bethany Lutheran Church 2712 Washington Ave (Chicken Alfredo, Bread, Cookie, & Drink)
- Iowa Falls United Methodist Church 619 Main St (Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake, Breadsticks, Green Beans, Fresh Fruit Mix, Homemade Bars, Cookies, & Drinks)
- St. Mark’s Catholic Church 415 Main St (Spaghetti -meat or no meat sauce, Texas Toast, Cookies, & Drink – Dine In or Carry Out)
- Elks Lodge #1674 (Hamburgers, Brats, Loaded Baked Potato, Pie, & Breakfast)
- Open Bible Church 408 College Ave (Snacks & Drinks)
- Hydrate on Railroad 814 Railroad St (Drinks, Granola Bars, Muffins, Freeze Pops)
Non-Food Vendors Downtown on Washington:
- Iowa IV – Elective IV services for fluid and vitamin replenishment and medication for symptom relief.
- Russel Cellular – Speakers, screen protectors, phone cases, chargers, phones (Verizon), and other misc items.
- Vitasuite IV and Ketamine Therapy – IV Hydration and Vitamine Therapy
- Crown Cover – Sun protective clothing – hats, caps, gaiters, shirts, and sleeves.
- Brancel Charters – Showers at Assembly Park ($10 with towel)
Directions & Parking
Here are our finalized town maps along with directions, shuttles, and information! You can click on the link below the map and download the pdf to your device!
We are a small town with lots of green space. We have the main RAGBRAI campground located at Iowa Falls High School and 11 other campgrounds complete with portable toilets, showers, and trash receptacles available around town. There are charters set up in 7 of the campgrounds. Open campgrounds are first come first serve located on the map below in blue at Legion Field, Heritage Care Center, Foster Park, and the Fire Station. Note: If you are looking for housing or a yard to camp in scroll farther down to see the “Housing” section below.
RV/Camper Parking Areas RED
Our town is going to sextuple for the day so we will be providing information to residents with road closures and alternate routes during that time. You will want to get your bread and eggs on Monday and pull up a chair Tuesday mid-morning on Washington Ave for the all day RAGBRAI parade! The route comes in from Alden on Washington Ave up to Main St so plan to route around Washington and the downtown area. Walking or riding your bike that day will be your best option!
Iowa Falls Logo T-Shirts, Koozies (16 oz), and Stickers for sale!
For sale at the High School Campground Info Booth and the Estes Park Info Booth on July 27th! Don’t leave without
We will not be matching riders with residence for housing needs this year. If riders or teams have connections with local Iowa Falls residents feel free to reach out to them directly to coordinate your stay. This decision was made with the safety and health of the riders and residence of Iowa Falls in mind. Feel free to send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we know of available housing.
If you are interested in finding housing or camping in Iowa Falls we have set up a Facebook Group where incoming riders can find places to stay in our community. Make a post about what you are able to offer or what you are looking for and then you will be able to communicate amongst each other!IOWA FALLS HOUSING MATCH
Iowa Falls is looking volunteers for set up on July 26, all day on July 27, and the morning of July 28. Please sign up below for a time and note the area you want to work!
Individual Volunteers Registration:INDIVIDUAL VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION
Groups Volunteer Registration (10+ people):GROUP REGISTRATION
When/where is the AA meeting in Iowa Falls?
WaterlooWednesday - July 28
- 67.9 Miles
- 1,619 Feet To Climb
Go crazy with us on July 28th!
We’re excited to welcome you to the heart of our city for RAGBRAI – downtown Waterloo. Enjoy music from multiple stages, find entertainment at a number of attractions, and enjoy a drink and a meal at one of our 15 bars and 24 restaurants within walking distance. Headlining the evening entertainment will be Purple Xperience featuring Marshall Charloff – a Prince Tribute band. We can’t wait for you to experience Waterloo!
So much to do in downtown Waterloo!
Ax Throwing Jefferson & Park
Pedal Carts 3rd St off of Jefferson
Olympics Viewing sponsored by KWWL (11am-4pm) Young Arena, 125 Commercial Street
Yard Games 3rd & Jefferson
Human Foosball DeckHockey rink by Beer Garden
Pie Eating Contest Amphitheater, 7pm
Kids Bike Giveaway Expo Stage, 5pm
Wait! There’s MORE!
Cedar Valley SportsPlex (300 Jefferson St) $5 swimming and showers
Grout Museum District (503 South St)10am-7pm
John Deere Tractor & Engine Museum (500 Westfield Ave) 9am-5pm
Natl. Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum (303 Jefferson St) 10am-4pm
Phelps Youth Pavilion (225 Commercial St) 10am-12pm, 2pm-4pm
Mark’s Park Splash Pad (225 Commercial St) 11am-11pm
Silos & Smokestacks-American Agriculture Exhibit (305 W Park Ave) 9am-8pm
Waterloo Center for the Arts (225 Commercial St) 10am-5pm
Waterloo Public Library (415 Commercial St) 10am-8pm
The RAGBRAI event in downtown Waterloo will feature 2 music stages; The RiverLoop Expo Plaza will serve as the main stage.
The line-ups are:
- The Diplomats – 3:00-5:00pm
- Hip Hop Pop duo. *Local musicians!
- Stackhouse – 5:30pm-8:30pm
- High energy rock cover band. *Local Musicians!
- The Purple Experience featuring Marshall Charloff – 9:00pm-11:00pm
- The Purple Xperience is a five-piece group hailing from Prince’s birthplace, Minneapolis, MN. They have been touring around the country since it’s inception in 2011 by Dr. Fink and front-man Marshall Charloff – bringing the greatest and most authentic production of Prince and The Revolution in the world to audiences of all generations.
The second stage will be located at the RiverLoop Amphitheater. The line-ups are:Prone to Jones – 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Power Rock Trio featuring originals and covers. Based out of Des Moines, Iowa.
- Kevin Burt – 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Blues and Soul. Coralville Iowa based, but a Waterloo native!
The event is free and open to the public. The festival boundaries will be between Highway 63 and West 4th Street, and Washington Street and Cedar River. Entrances will be at Jefferson and W 4th street, as well as Commercial Street and West 2nd Street. Streets will be closed within this area.
Food and Vendors
Food Truck and local restaurants are ready to feed you with a variety of delicious options!
Food Trucks will be located on Park Ave in the Festival space:
Karam’s Grill –
Rob’s Mini Donuts – Ya know – delicious hot donuts and fresh lemonade
Caribbean Kitchen – Jerk Rice Bowls ( Chicken, Pork, Steak), Mango Chicken, Jerk Tacos (Chicken, Pork, Steak)
Try Pie – Homemade pie with a mission! Mini Pies, Pie Shakes, Ice Creak Shakes, Cold Brew Coffee, Caramel Cold Brew Coffee, Ice Cream
The Outside Scoop- Single and double scoop ince cream, 5 flavors to choose from (vegan option too!)
Bobby Q’s Hawaiian BBQ – Kalua Pork Sandwhich, Beef Kalbi (short ribs), Guava Chicken, Poke Bowl, BBQ Mix plate, and the Big Kahuna!
Nacho Daddy’s Tacos – Street Tacos, Quesadillas, Street Corn, Nachos and more!
Starbeck’s BBQ – Pulled Pork Sandwich, Brisket Sandwich,Turkey Sandwich, Nachos, Corn on the Cob, Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Grilled Chicken Sandwiches, Smoothies
Dang Brother Pizza – 10″ Wood Fired Pizza: Cheese, Pepperoni
Pacific Rim Noodles – Fresh Soba noodles wokked with all fresh veggies and tossed with our own blue-ribbon finishing sauce. Served with gourmet lemonades.
River’s Edge Christian Church – Spaghetti Dinner
1247 Cedar Bend Street (2 miles north of Exchange Park Campground)
4pm-7pm, Free Will Donation
Local restaurants and bars are the heart of downtown! All walkable from the Festival area:
American Legion Becker – Chapman Post 138 728 Commercial St
Basal Pizza – 225 W 4th St
Briqhouse Bar & Grill – 307 W 5th St
Brown Bottle – 209 W 5th St
Burger King – 109 Jefferson St
Doughy Joey’s Peetza Joynt – 300 W 4th St
El Patron Mexican Restaurant – 301 E 4th St
GR Kitchen & Taps – 205 W 4th St
Hardee’s – 805 Franklin St
Here’s What’s Poppin’ – 206 East 4th St
Jameson’s Public House – 310 E 4th St
Jimmy John’s – 21 W Jefferson St, Ste 104
Legends Sports Grill – 118 Commercial St
Lincoln Perk – 218 E 4th St
Locals Bar & Grill – 229 E 4th St
Los Reyes – 403 Franklin St
Macarons by Sani – 516 Lafayette St
Mac’s Place Cafe- 120 Jefferson St
Morg’s Diner- 520 Mulberry St
Newton’s Paradise Café 128 E 4th St
Red Apple Chinese 305 W 4th St
Rockets Bakery 331 E 4th St
Screaming Eagle American Bar & Grill 228 E 4th St
Sidecar Coffee 21 W Jefferson St
SingleSpeed Brewing Co. 325 Commercial St
Sub City II 118 E 4th St
Taquiera LaPlacita 322 W 4th St
Try Pie 522 Mulberry St
Verve Kombucha Kitchen & Bar 327 W 3rd St
2 Scoops Ice Cream Shop 403 Franklin St, Ste B
Directions & Parking
Click here for Waterloo MapsWaterloo Maps
Waterloo RAGBRAI Campgrounds
See the Campgrounds and maps on our website!
If the mid-week ride gets you thinking you need to book a hotel room, there are several places to stay near the event!
Book your hotel room in Waterloo:Book your room
We will not be matching riders with residents for housing needs this year. If riders or teams have connections with local Waterloo residents feel free to reach out to them directly to coordinate your stay.
Otherwise check out our Facebook Group for riders and hosts to connect at:
The overnight stop for RAGBRAI in downtown Waterloo is putting the call out for volunteers.
People are needed to help to set-up the event space and campground areas on July 27th. On July 28th, the day of the event, help is needed with information booths, beer garden, campground hosts and more. Then on July 29th, as cyclists leave town tear down and clean-up help will be needed.
Sign-Up today at:Volunteer!
Though we will continue to defer to current state guidelines regarding COVID-19 mitigation and we expect the further relaxing of rules & guidelines regarding various safety measures, as of this date RAGBRAI expects to implement the following set of protocols for the safe & responsible execution of the event in July.
- Online pre-event health screening will be required of all participants.
- Daily health screening will be required of all staff, vendors, and volunteers.
- Participants, staff, vendors, and volunteers will be required to wear a mask when social distancing is not possible.
- Hand sanitizer must be available at all vendor locations, in SAG wagons, and will be provided to towns for entertainment venues & volunteer use.
- Appropriate COVID-19 mitigation signage provided by RAGBRAI will be posted at the entrance to all areas on the ride expected to have large numbers of participants or spectators.
- All venues & towns will be encouraged to recommend outdoor dining to their restaurants & bars.
- Indoor hosted housing will not be supported by RAGBRAI.
RAGBRAI reserves the right to add or remove any of the above mitigation methods based on current State of Iowa recommendations and industry best practices.