Iowa FallsTuesday - July 27
- 54.9 Miles
- 1,006 Feet To Climb
The little river town in the middle of it all! Iowa Falls has the beautiful bluffs and rolling hills of northeast Iowa but sits in the central part of the state, surrounded by the best farmland in the country, livestock producers that feed the world and boast a vibrant downtown business community. The Iowa River is at the center of everything we do, we’re Nautical by Nature, but we know how to hit the trails, too!
One of the shortest rides will be on Tuesday so plan to ride the 54.9 miles into town early and spend the day exploring our Scenic City. Plenty of things to see and do downtown and along the river. You can plan to tube down the river, shop in our downtown stores, see some unique sites, and take in all the nautical small town fun we have in store for you!
- 8pm-11pm – Sellout
- 6pm-8pm – Pert Near Sandstone
- 4pm-6pm – One Track Mind
- 2pm-4pm – Tank Anthony
- 1pm-2pm – Brian Herrin
- 12am-1pm – Aaron McClanahan
- 11am-1pm – The Day Drinkers
- 7:30am-10am Wednesday morning – The Spacemen
Food and Vendors
We will have plenty of food and vendors in our downtown area, many local restaurants and churches will be serving up carbs for you! Click below for applications to sign up to be a food vendor or non-food vendor (deadline June 25).Food Vendor Application
Food vendors serving you in Iowa Falls on July 27th:
- Caribbean Kitchen (Jerk chicken sandwich, Jerk chicken rice bowl, Caribbean Cuban sandwich, Jerk pork rice bowl)
- Amos Deans (Brisket sandwich, horseradish, slaw, Kielbasa with apple bacon kraut, BBQ pork sandwich and slaw, BLT, basil vinaigrette)
- Pacific Rim Noodle House (Wok fired fresh veggies with fresh worked soba noodles)
- Pizza Til Sundown (Personal Pizza, Boneless Wings, Chicken Sandwich, Fries)
- The Outside Scoop (Single Scoop and Double Scoops)
- Karam’s Mediteranean Grill (Lamb gyro bowl, Chicken gyro bowl, Chicken shawarma wrap, Lamb gyro)
- The Wandering Mug (Breakfast Sandwich, Coffee, Hot Tea, Americano, Espresso, Hot and Iced Lattes, Cold Brew Coffee, Specialty Lemonades, Iced Teas)
- Los Primos Grill/Los Primos in the Bag (Fajitas, Rice Bowl, Burritos, Tacos, Walking Tacos, Nachos Taco Salad, Fajitas, Walking Gyros Walking Philly Cheesesteak, Smoothies & Drinks)
- Jose’s Tacos (Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas, Philly Sandwich)
- Dang Brother Pizza (13 Different Pizzas plus more)
- The Big Red Food Truck (Fried Taco, Walking Taco Boat, Beef and Lamb Gyro)
- El Burrito Loco (Quesadilla, Burrito, Tortas)
- Summer Kitchen (Pretzel, Street Tacos, Lemonade, Smoothies)
- Taco Express (Burrito, Steak Taco, Quesadilla, Nachos)
- A Mouthful (Bison Burger, Bison Rites, Gyro, Hotdogs, Fries, Cheese Balls, Donuts, Salads & More)
- Iowa Falls – Alden High School Cadet Kitchen (Hot Beef Sundae and Containers of Fresh Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- River’s Edge Church (Taco Bowls or Salads ground beef/pork, black beans, all the trimmings, Homemade Bars, & Drinks)
- Bethany Lutheran Church (Chicken Alfredo, Bread, Cookie, & Drink)
- Iowa Falls United Methodist Church (Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake, Breadsticks, Green Beans, Fresh Fruit Mix, Homemade Bars, Cookies, & Drinks)
- St. Mark’s Catholic Church (Spaghetti -meat or no meat sauce, Breadsticks, Cookies, & Drink)
- Iowa IV Elective IV services for fluid and vitamin replenishment and medication for symptom relief.
Directions & Parking
Our town map along with directions, shuttles, and information will be here when we have it finalized!
We are a small town with lots of green space. We have the main RAGBRAI campground located at Iowa Falls High School and 11 other campgrounds complete with portable toilets, showers, and trash receptacles available around town. There are charters set up in 7 of the campgrounds. Open campgrounds are first come first serve located at Legion Field, Heritage Care Center, Foster Park, and the Fire Station). Note: If you are looking for housing or a yard to camp in scroll farther down to see the “Housing” section below.
RV/Camper Parking Areas RED
Our town is going to quadruple for the day so we will be providing information to residents with road closures and alternate routes during that time. You will want to get your bread and eggs on Monday and pull up a chair Tuesday mid-morning on Washington Ave for the all day RAGBRAI parade! The route comes in from Alden on Washington Ave up to Main St so plan to route around Washington and the downtown area. Walking or riding your bike that day will be your best option!
Iowa Falls RAGBRAI T-Shirt Pre-Orders Here
Payment and pre-orders must be in by June 27. Shirt pick up will be Monday, July 12 at Iowa Falls City Hall or for shipping please note in the comment box at the bottom of the page! Checks should be made out to Scenic City Civic Foundation and sent to PO Box 40, Iowa Falls, IA 50126T-SHIRT PRE ORDER FORM
We will not be matching riders with residence for housing needs this year. If riders or teams have connections with local Iowa Falls residents feel free to reach out to them directly to coordinate your stay. This decision was made with the safety and health of the riders and residence of Iowa Falls in mind. Feel free to send a message to email@example.com to see if we know of available housing.
If you are interested in finding housing or camping in Iowa Falls we have set up a Facebook Group where incoming riders can find places to stay in our community. Make a post about what you are able to offer or what you are looking for and then you will be able to communicate amongst each other!IOWA FALLS HOUSING MATCH
Iowa Falls is looking volunteers for set up on July 26, all day on July 27, and the morning of July 28. Please sign up below for a time and note the area you want to work!
Individual Volunteers Registration:INDIVIDUAL VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION
Groups Volunteer Registration (10+ people):GROUP REGISTRATION
When/where is the AA meeting in Iowa Falls?
WaterlooWednesday - July 28
- 67.9 Miles
- 1,619 Feet To Climb
Go crazy with us on July 28th!
We’re excited to welcome you to the heart of our city for RAGBRAI – downtown Waterloo. You can enjoy music from multiple stages, find entertainment at a number of attractions, and enjoy a drink and a meal at one of our 15 bars and 24 restaurants within walking distance. Headlining the evening entertainment will be Purple Xperience featuring Marshall Charloff – a Prince Tribute band. We can’t wait for you to experience Waterloo!
Experience Waterloo is announcing the music line-ups for the RAGBRAI overnight stop on Wednesday, July 28th.
The RAGBRAI event in downtown Waterloo will feature 2 music stages; The RiverLoop Expo Plaza will serve as the main stage.
The line-ups are:
- The Diplomats – 3:00-5:00pm
- Hip Hop Popo duo. *Local musicians!
- Stackhouse – 5:30pm-8:30pm
- High energy rock cover band. *Local Musicians!
- The Purple Experience featuring Marshall Charloff – 9:00pm-11:00pm
- The Purple Xperience is a five-piece group hailing from Prince’s birthplace, Minneapolis, MN. They have been touring around the country since it’s inception in 2011 by Dr. Fink and front-man Marshall Charloff – bringing the greatest and most authentic production of Prince and The Revolution in the world to audiences of all generations.
The second stage will be located at the RiverLoop Amphitheater. The line-ups are:
- Prone to Jones – 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Power Rock Trio featuring originals and covers. Based out of Des Moines, Iowa.
- Kevin Burt – 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Blues and Soul. Coralville Iowa based, but a Waterloo native!
The event is free and open to the public. The festival boundaries will be between Highway 63 and West 4th Street, and Washington Street and Cedar River. Entrances will be at Jefferson and W 4th street, as well as Commercial Street and West 2nd Street. Streets will be closed within this area.
Food and Vendors
See the Camprounds and maps on our website!
If the mid-week ride gets you thinking you need to book a hotel room, there are several places to stay near the event!
Book your hotel room in Waterloo:Book your room
We will not be matching riders with residents for housing needs this year. If riders or teams have connections with local Waterloo residents feel free to reach out to them directly to coordinate your stay.
Otherwise check out our Facebook Group for riders and hosts to connect at:
The overnight stop for RAGBRAI in downtown Waterloo is putting the call out for volunteers.
People are needed to help to set-up the event space and campground areas on July 27th. On July 28th, the day of the event, help is needed with information booths, beer garden, campground hosts and more. Then on July 29th, as cyclists leave town tear down and clean-up help will be needed.
Sign-Up today at:Volunteer!
Though we will continue to defer to current state guidelines regarding COVID-19 mitigation and we expect the further relaxing of rules & guidelines regarding various safety measures, as of this date RAGBRAI expects to implement the following set of protocols for the safe & responsible execution of the event in July.
- Online pre-event health screening will be required of all participants.
- Daily health screening will be required of all staff, vendors, and volunteers.
- Participants, staff, vendors, and volunteers will be required to wear a mask when social distancing is not possible.
- Hand sanitizer must be available at all vendor locations, in SAG wagons, and will be provided to towns for entertainment venues & volunteer use.
- Appropriate COVID-19 mitigation signage provided by RAGBRAI will be posted at the entrance to all areas on the ride expected to have large numbers of participants or spectators.
- All venues & towns will be encouraged to recommend outdoor dining to their restaurants & bars.
- Indoor hosted housing will not be supported by RAGBRAI.
RAGBRAI reserves the right to add or remove any of the above mitigation methods based on current State of Iowa recommendations and industry best practices.