Online Registration is now CLOSED for 2016 RAGBRAI
You can purchase day wristbands and non-rider wristbands on Saturday, July 23 at the RAGBRAI Expo in Glenwood. You will find the RAGBRAI registration table at the Glenwood High School between the hours of noon and 9pm. They will also be available for purchase during the week at the RAGBRAI Merchandise trailers and baggage trucks.
We have started sending the RAGBRAI wristband packages. You should receive an email when your package is sent. If you are in a group, the group’s wristband package will be sent to the group contact.
Click here for the Wristband Transfer Form
If you are unable to participate in RAGBRAI, and won’t be asking for a refund on your registration, you have the option to sell your wristband packet on our RAGBRAI Forum, Craigslist, or to a friend. The transfer of wristbands and money is between the two parties involved. We will mail the wristband packet to the original owner or group contact if in a group. The new owner will transfer the ownership of the wristbands to their name with our online transfer before the ride.
Download and print the two-page Minor Waiver for minor transfers – mail both pages to:
400 Locust Street, Suite 500
Des Moines, IA 50309
RAGBRAI XLIV Route:
- Sunday 07/24 – Gravel Loop Day – Glenwood to Shenandoah, 49.7 miles, 2614′ of climb
- Monday 07/25 – Military Veterans Appreciation Day – Shenandoah to Creston, 75.2 miles, 3994′ of climb
- Tuesday 07/26 – People For Bikes Day – Creston to Leon, 58.5 miles, 3318 ‘ of climb
- Wednesday 07/27 – Karras Loop & RAGBRAI Jersey Day – Leon to Centerville, 65.1 miles, 2708′ of climb
- Thursday 07/28 – Iowa Native Fund Day – Centerville to Ottumwa, 53.2 miles, 1999′ of climb
- Friday 07/29 – College Jersey Day – Ottumwa to Washington, 68.5 miles, 2541′ of climb
- Satruday 07/30 – Washington to Muscatine, 49.1 miles, 1314′ of climb
- $175 for a weeklong rider (riding all week)
- $35 for a weeklong non-rider (support drivers and friends or family in a support vehicle on the ride but not riding a bike)
- $30 for a daily wristband (register for one or more days you would like to ride – you will receive a different color wristband for each day you purchase)
- Vehicle passes are required for access to the RAGBRAI campground with your vehicle during the ride – available to groups of 3 or more registered participants
$40 for a weeklong personal car/truck/SUV vehicle pass
$40 for a weeklong Truck pass
$50 for a weeklong RV or Bus pass
NOTE: The group contact must request the vehicle pass when submitting the group registration. The vehicle pass cannot be purchased separately at a later time.
- Daily wristbands and non-rider wristbands will be available for purchase on the ride at the RAGBRAI Expo the day before RAGBRAI begins, at the RAGBRAI merchandise trailers in each town, or at the RAGBRAI baggage truck during the week.
November 15, 2015 – Registration for RAGBRAI 2016 opens January 23, 2016 – RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party and Iowa Bike Expo February 15, 2016 – Deadline for registering via paper applications April 1, 2016 – Deadline for weeklong rider registration (we must have all minor waivers and payments by this deadline for your entry to be complete and finalized) May 1, 2016 – Lottery results are posted for those who registered before the April 1 deadline May 15, 2016 – Deadline to request a registration refund June 1, 2016 – 2016 Registration closes
- June 18, 2016 – BACoon Ride 3
- July 23, 2016 – 2016 RAGBRAI Expo
- July 24-30, 2016 – 2016 RAGBRAI XLIV
400 Locust Street, Suite 500
Des Moines, IA 50309
Registration fees are non-refundable as of May 15, 2016. There is a $25 per participant processing fee for refunds. If you are in a group, contact your group contact first. The group contact may know of someone to purchase your wristband. Email us at email@example.com to request your refund.
RAGBRAI is primarily a tent camping event. The overnight host towns may provide an opportunity to apply for private housing. Only those who finalized registration by the April 1 deadline are eligible to apply for private housing. Beginning May 1 you may apply for housing with each overnight host town using the wristband number you were issued as part of the lottery. You must provide your wristband number in order to apply. Be prepared to pay a non-refundable application fee of $3 payable to each overnight host town at the time that you submit your application. The overnight host towns will try to match as many riders with host families as they can, but housing is not guaranteed. It is subject to host families willing to open their homes.
If your registration was finalized by April 1, we will send your wristband package to you starting in June. If you registered after April 1, your package will be sent to you before the ride. The wristband package will be sent to your mailing address listed on your RAGBRAI.com user account if you are registered as an individual, or to your group contact if you registered as part of a group. Recipients of the packages will receive an email when the package is sent.
The wristband package will include:
- Weeklong riders will have a numbered rider band, bike band, luggage tag, license plate and patch certificate.
- Weeklong non-riders will have a numbered wristband only.
- Daily riders will have a numbered rider band for each day they purchased, and unnumbered bike band, luggage tag and license plate. Daily riders do not receive a patch certificate.
- All vehicle passes requested will be sent to the group contact.
- All jerseys, shorts, and bibs ordered with registration will be sent with the wristband packet.
- Souvenir pack t-shirts and water bottles ordered with registration will be sent with the wristband packet. The 2016 RAGBRAI DVD will be sent after the ride. The premium pack poster will be sent separately. The poster and DVD will be sent to the mailing address listed on the registration whether you registered as an individual or part of a group.
- 2016 RAGBRAI Participant Guide for all weeklong riders.
- For Group Contacts, a packing list will be included listing everything in the wristband packet.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-284-8341