Registration is now open for 2017 RAGBRAI XLV!!
Register For The Ride – CLICK HERE
Some Helpful Tips to help you navigate through the registration process…
- To have your registration included in the lottery, you must submit your registration, waiver and payment before the April 1 deadline.
- If you have already submitted your ride registration, and need to submit your payment, go to My RAGBRAI and select Pay Now. If you step through the registration process after having saved your registration, the system will assume you want to submit a minor registration.
- Close Group – Group Contacts should only select Close Group when you are ready to submit your group registration. Once the group has been closed, group members can neither join nor leave your group. If there are group members who have not registered at the time the group is closed, those members will not have the ability to submit a registration.
- We allow just one adult registration per user account created. Each user account must have a unique email address.
- Vehicle Passes – only available to groups of 3 or more registered members. They must be ordered with the group registration, and will not be available after the registration deadline (April 1 for weeklong registration, and June 1 for day pass registration).
Links to Registration step-by-step Instructions:
- Create a RAGBRAI.com User Account
- Submit a Ride Entry as an Individual
- Submit a Ride Entry as a Group Member
- Submit a Ride Entry for a Minor
- Start or Manage a Group
Use the following forms to submit a paper application – DEADLINE FEBRUARY 15, 2017
- Paper Application Instructions
- Group Paper Application and Waiver
- Individual Paper Application and Waiver
- Minor Waiver
New Features of the registration system:
- Group contacts have the ability to select between Group and Individual Pay
- Group contacts can send an email to all group members
- You have the ability to print an invoice from the Payment Page and from the Registration Status Page
- Enter a Personal Story as you register for the ride, and tell us whether you are a first time rider
- $175 for a weeklong rider (riding all week)
- $35 for a weeklong non-rider (support drivers and friends or family in a support vehicle on the ride but not riding a bike)
- $30 for a daily wristband (register for one or more days you would like to ride – you will receive a different color wristband for each day you purchase)
- $40 for a weeklong personal car/truck/SUV vehicle pass
$50 for a weeklong RV or Bus pass
(required for access to the RAGBRAI campground with your vehicle during the ride – available to groups of 3 or more registered participants)
NOTE: The group contact must request the vehicle pass when submitting the group registration. The vehicle pass cannot be purchased separately at a later time.
- Daily wristbands and non-rider wristbands will be available for purchase on the ride at the RAGBRAI Expo the day before RAGBRAI begins, at the RAGBRAI merchandise trailers in each town, or at the RAGBRAI baggage truck during the week.
Important dates to remember:
- January 21, 2017 – RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party & Iowa Bike Expo
- February 15, 2017 – Deadline for registering via paper applications
- April 1, 2017 – Deadline for weeklong rider registration (all waivers and payments must be received by this deadline for your entry to be included in the lottery)
- May 1, 2017 – Lottery results are posted
- May 15, 2017 – Deadline to request a registration refund
- May 20, 2017 – Pigtails Ride (new ride starting in 2017!)
- June 1, 2017 – 2017 Registration closes
- June 17, 2017 – BACoon Ride Four
- July 22, 2017 – RAGBRAI XLV Expo
- July 23-29, 2017 – RAGBRAI XLV
400 Locust Street, Suite 500
Des Moines, IA 50309
Registration fees are non-refundable as of May 15, 2017. There is a $25 per participant processing fee for refunds. Your refund will be sent to you in the form of a check. If you are in a group, contact your group contact first. Many times the group contact will know of someone to purchase your wristband. Email us at email@example.com to request your refund.
If you are unable to participate in RAGBRAI, and won’t be asking for a refund on your registration, you have the option to sell your wristband packet on our RAGBRAI Forum, Craigslist, or to a friend. The transfer of wristbands and money is between the two parties involved. We will send the wristband packet to the original owner or group contact if in a group. The new owner will transfer the ownership of the wristbands to their name with our online transfer before the ride. The RAGBRAI online transfer form and waiver will be on our website in June 2017.
RAGBRAI is primarily a tent camping event. The overnight host towns may provide an opportunity to apply for private housing. Only those who finalized registration by the April 1 deadline are eligible to apply for private housing. Beginning May 1 you may apply for housing with each overnight host town using the wristband number you were issued as part of the lottery. You must provide your wristband number in order to apply. Be prepared to pay a non-refundable application fee of $3 payable at the time that you submit your application. The $3 is an application fee, and does not guarantee housing. The overnight host towns will try to match as many riders with host families as they can, but housing is not guaranteed. It is subject to host families willing to open their homes.
If your registration was finalized by April 1, we will send your wristband package to you starting in June. If you registered after April 1, your package will be sent to you before the ride. The wristband package will be sent to your mailing address listed on your RAGBRAI.com user account if you are registered as an individual, or to your group contact if you registered as part of a group. Recipients of the packages will receive an email when the package is sent.
The wristband package will include:
- Weeklong riders will have a numbered rider band, bike band, luggage tag, license plate and patch certificate.
- Weeklong non-riders will have a numbered wristband only.
- Daily riders will have a numbered rider band for each day they purchased, and unnumbered bike band, luggage tag and license plate. Daily riders do not receive a patch certificate.
- All vehicle passes requested will be sent to the group contact.
- All jerseys, shorts, and bibs ordered with registration will be sent with the wristband packet.
- Souvenir pack t-shirts and water bottles ordered with registration will be sent with the wristband packet. The 2017 RAGBRAI DVD will be sent after the ride. The premium pack poster will be sent separately. The poster and DVD will be sent to the mailing address listed on the registration whether you registered as an individual or part of a group.
- 2017 RAGBRAI Participant Guide for all weeklong riders.
- For Group Contacts, a packing list will be included listing everything in the wristband packet.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-284-8341