Registration is now open for RAGBRAI XLII that will be held July 20-26, 2014!
Please choose from these entry options
- Complete an entry form online: Registration Login
- Login for returning users: Registration Login
- Submit a minor waiver – if registered online (*Adobe Reader Required): Minor Waiver
Day passes are not subject to the lottery process. Below is a breakdown for each day of the ride.
- Sunday, July 20 – Rock Valley to Okoboji – 69 miles (Day 1)
- Monday, July 21 – Okoboji to Emmetsburg – 41 miles (Day 2)
- Tuesday, July 22 – Emmetsburg to Forest City – 73 miles (Day 3)
- Wednesday, July 23 – Forest City to Mason City – 36 miles (Day 4)
- Thursday, July 24 – Mason City to Waverly – 63 miles (Day 5)
- Friday, July 25 – Waverly to Independence – 68 miles (Day 6)
- Saturday, July 26 – Independence to Guttenberg – 68 miles (Day 7)
Online Registration Help/FAQs:
- Registration is not on a first come basis for week-long riders.
- RAGBRAI Online Registration - Steps for NEW users (*Adobe Reader Required)
- RAGBRAI Online Registration - Steps for RETURNING users (*Adobe Reader Required)
* You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader® to view and print the waiver and the print application form. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader® click the image below and follow the instructions to download and install it.
- $160 for a weeklong rider (riding all week)
- $35 for a weeklong non-rider (non-rider must be a member of a group, for support drivers and friends or family in support vehicle on the ride but not riding a bike)
- $25 for daily passes (if you want to register for a partial week select the days you would like, you will receive a different colored, numbered wristband for each day you select)
- $40 for weeklong vehicle pass (must have a vehicle pass to have access to the RAGBRAI campground with your vehicle during the ride, available to groups of 3 registered participants or more, the group contact must request the vehicle pass when submitting the group, vehicle pass cannot be purchase separately at a later time)
Day wristbands and non-rider wristbands will be available for purchase on the ride at the RAGBRAI merchandise trailer or the registration table at the RAGBRAI expo.
Need Registration Help?
Our mailing address:
400 Locust Street, Suite 500
Des Moines, IA 50309
- November 15, 2013—Registration for 2014 RAGBRAI opens
- January 25, 2014—Route Announcement Party & Iowa Bike Expo
- February 15, 2014—Deadline for paper applications
- April 1, 2014—Deadline for weeklong riders
- May 1, 2014—Lottery results posted
- May 15, 2014—Deadline to request a registration refund
- June 1, 2014—Deadline for online day registration
- July 19, 2014—RAGBRAI Expo
- July 20-26, 2014—XLII RAGBRAI
There is a $25 processing fee per participant for registration refunds. After May 15, all registration fees are non-refundable. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your registration refund. Your refund will be sent to you in the form of a refund check. If you are in a group, check with your group contact first. Many times, the group contact will know of someone to purchase your wristband credentials. Only individuals or the group contact can request a registration refund. The group contact can request that a member’s refund check be sent to them or directly to the group member.
After May 15, you will be able to transfer your wristband credentials to someone else if you are not able to attend. The wristband packets will be sent to the original participant in June. The transfer of wristband credentials and money is between the two parties involved. We will have our online transfer form on our website in June for the new owner to transfer the wristbands to their name. The wristbands must be transferred to the new owner before the ride. You can post wristbands for sale on our RAGBRAI forum.
Wristband and merchandise packets:
Your wristband and merchandise packet will be mailed to you by priority mail in June if you registered by April 1. If you registered for day passes after April 1 your packet will be mailed to you before the ride. If you are a member of a group, your wristband and merchandise packet will be mailed to the group contact of your group. We will hold all international packets for pick up at the expo.
You should receive:
- All jerseys or cycling kits ordered with registration
- Souvenir pack t-shirt and water bottle if ordered with registration (DVD & poster sent after the ride)
- 2014 XLII participant guide
- Weeklong riders will have 5 numbered credentials: rider wristband, bike band, license plate, luggage tag, and redeemable patch certificate
- Non-riders will have numbered non-rider wristband only
- Day passes will have different colored, numbered rider wristband for each day selected, unnumbered bike band, unnumbered luggage tag, unnumbered license plate
- All vehicle passes requested for the group will be sent to the group contact
- Group contact will have a packing list so they can distribute the correct wristbands and merchandise to their group
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or call 515-284-8341
You can find it all at the RAGBRAI Expo, where RAGBRAI begins! Rock Valley Iowa serves as the host for the expo, held from 12:00 noon until 9:00 p.m. on ...
Tour de Cure is more than just a cycling event. It’s a life-changing event. A day full of fun and excitement where riders of all levels join forces in the ...
by Coach David Ertl I can already see the responses to this title and several will likely involve beer. But to your dismay I will not be talking about that aspect of ...
Your week-long rider registration must be finalized by April 1 (registration, waiver, and payment). All week-long rider minor waivers must be postmarked by April 1. Any groups will weeklong riders ...
The RAGBRAI XLII weeklong rider registration deadline is coming up ( entries due April 1) so we thought answer some of your most commonly asked questions to help make the ...
Day 7: Independence to Guttenberg And now: The hills. The final day’s 3,000-foot climb is just about twice as high as most of the previous days. So if riders didn’t know ...
Day 6: Waverly to Independence The route zigzags northeast toward Tripoli (pronounced trih-PO-la, by the way) and then curves past the Sweet Marsh Wildlife Management Area, a refuge for deer, doves and various ...
One of the most popular posts I write each year is this one – the one that has the training plan in it. Once again I have put together ...
Day 5: Mason City to Waverly Riders can rest their weary bones where older bones have been resting for a long time: at the Fossil and Prairie Park Preserve and Center ...
Day 4: Forest City to Mason City Wednesday’s trek is the second-shortest of the week at barely more than 41 miles. In the wake of Okoboji it will rate another amphibious ...
Spring fever? Here's how to get your bike road ready
Tour the RAGBRAI XLII route with a flyover
RAGBRAI Director T.J. Juskiewicz shares tidbits about this year's ride.
RAGBRAI announced its third shortest and second flattest route in its history on Saturday. Watch the full announcement party.
The overnight towns are announced for 2014
RAGBRAI and Bacon Fest are teaming up to create the "Bacoon Ride," a new event coming in June 2014.
Take a look back at the Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa in 2013.
Nana's Delicacies served fried Jell-O, fried Klondike Bars, and Krispy Kreme cheeseburgers just outside of Hedrick.
RAGBRAI announced the 2014 logo on Thursday, Oct. 24, 2013.
"Christmas in July" was a hit in Runnells last week during RAGBRAI 2013
Find us socially
Sign up for the latest RAGBRAI news and notes (if there is no news in a day, you won’t get an e-mail).