ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR 2017 RAGBRAI XLV!!
You can purchase day wristbands and non-rider wristbands on Saturday, July 22 at the RAGBRAI Registration Table in Orange City between 12:00 noon and 9:00 PM. You will find the RAGBRAI registration table at the Bultman Center on the Northwestern College campus in Orange City. They will also be available for purchase during the week at the RAGBRAI Merchandise trailers and baggage trucks.
Click here for the Wristband Transfer Form
If you are unable to participate in RAGBRAI, you have the option to sell your wristband packet on our RAGBRAI Forum, Craigslist, or to a friend. The transfer of wristbands and money is between the two parties involved. We will mail the wristband packet to the original owner or group contact if in a group. The new owner will transfer the ownership of the wristbands to their name with our online transfer before the ride.
RAGBRAI XLV ROUTE:
- SUNDAY – Orange City to Spencer, 59.5 miles, 1283 feet of climb, Gravel Loop Day, Mile of Silence
- MONDAY – Spencer to Algona, 73.8 miles, 1631 feet of climb, Karras Loop Day, Mr Pork Chop remembrance, Iowa Native Fund Day
- TUESDAY – Algona to Clear Lake, 51.4 miles, 934 feet of climb, People for Bikes Day
- WEDNESDAY – Clear Lake to Charles City, 57.5 miles, 1290 feet of climb, Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
- THURSDAY – Charles City to Cresco, 64.3 miles, 2257 feet of climb, RAGBRAI Jersey day
- FRIDAY – Cresco to Waukon, 60.1 miles, 2483 feet of climb, College Spirit Day
- SATURDAY – Waukon to Lansing, 44.8 miles, 3200 feet of climb
RAGBRAI XLV FEES:
- $35 for a weeklong non-rider (support drivers and friends or family in a support vehicle on the ride but not riding a bike)
- $30 for a daily wristband (register for one or more days you would like to ride – you will receive a different color wristband for each day you purchase)
- Daily wristbands and non-rider wristbands will be available for purchase on the ride at the RAGBRAI Expo the day before RAGBRAI begins, at the RAGBRAI merchandise trailers in each town, or at the RAGBRAI baggage truck during the week.
Important dates to remember:
January 21, 2017 – RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party & Iowa Bike Expo February 15, 2017 – Deadline for registering via paper applications April 1, 2017 – Deadline for weeklong rider registration (all waivers and payments must be received by this deadline for your entry to be included in the lottery) May 1, 2017 – Lottery results are posted May 15, 2017 – Deadline to request a registration refund May 20, 2017 – Pigtails Ride (new ride starting in 2017!) June 1, 2017 – 2017 Registration closes
- June 17, 2017 – BACoon Ride Four
- July 22, 2017 – RAGBRAI XLV Expo
- July 23-29, 2017 – RAGBRAI XLV
RAGBRAI is primarily a tent camping event. The overnight host towns may provide an opportunity to apply for private housing. Only those who finalized registration by the April 1 deadline are eligible to apply for private housing. Beginning May 1 you may apply for housing with each overnight host town using the wristband number you were issued as part of the lottery. You must provide your wristband number in order to apply. Be prepared to pay a non-refundable application fee of $3 payable at the time that you submit your application. The $3 is an application fee, and does not guarantee housing. The overnight host towns will try to match as many riders with host families as they can, but housing is not guaranteed. It is subject to host families willing to open their homes.
If your registration was finalized by April 1, we will send your wristband package to you starting around mid-June. If you registered after April 1, your package will be sent to you before the ride. The wristband package will be sent to your mailing address listed on your RAGBRAI.com user account if you are registered as an individual, or to your group contact if you registered as part of a group. Recipients of the packages will receive an email when the package is sent.
The wristband package will include:
- Weeklong riders will have a numbered rider band, bike band, luggage tag, license plate and patch certificate.
- Weeklong non-riders will have a numbered wristband only.
- Daily riders will have a numbered rider band for each day they purchased, and unnumbered bike band, luggage tag and license plate. Daily riders do not receive a patch certificate.
- All vehicle passes requested will be sent to the group contact.
- All jerseys, shorts, and bibs ordered with registration will be sent with the wristband packet.
- Souvenir pack t-shirts and water bottles ordered with registration will be sent with the wristband packet. The 2017 RAGBRAI DVD will be sent after the ride. The premium pack poster will be sent separately. The poster and DVD will be sent to the mailing address listed on the registration whether you registered as an individual or part of a group.
- 2017 RAGBRAI Participant Guide for all weeklong riders.
- For Group Contacts, a packing list will be included listing everything in the wristband packet.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-284-8341