Join Us in July - Register Today!

Looking for a ride from Chicago (and back)

I am going to be car-less in Chicago.  Anybody going my way?  I promise I can be very pleasant if the situation requires…

9 Replies

RJBaker, June 23, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I am leaving from Chicago and have a ride back locked in but am still searching for a ride to Glenwood.  If I figure out a round trip and have room I will be sure to let you know.  Right now all I can offer is a ride back.

toadhead, June 25, 2011 at 6:49 am

Can possibly add one in my vehicle from Chicago to Davenport and back.  Still waiting to hear back from a few people that had already asked but not committed.  Could make it two more if anyone else has an extra bike tray for a Yakima Roof Rack.

swaite, June 25, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Thanks much to both of you, I will await the final word.  Am also waiting to hear from another rider via e-mail, so when there’s more certainty I’ll post back. While I will commit to the first person who can give me (and my trusty bike) a ride, ax murderer or whoever, I don’t want to lead anybody on, either!  Hopefully something will work out.. Appreciate the possibilities!

greenrider, June 25, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I have my own wheels, so I could carpool from Chg is someone needed a ride.

darsenal, June 28, 2011 at 10:08 am

Hi I need a ride from Chicago to Gleenwood if you are still up for one more person and a bike?

darsenal, June 28, 2011 at 10:09 am

Hi I need a ride from Chicago to Gleenwood if you are still up for one more person and a bike?

DirkV, June 28, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Hi Greenrider, First come, first served, so put me at the end of the queue. But if you will be heading through Davenport (which looks likely) on either July 22 or 23, I’m looking for ride to Glenwood. I’m leaving my vehicle in Davenport, and need to get back to Glenwood. I will have already deposited bike and gear in Glenwood, so it will just be my person and a small overnight bag that I could fit on my lap. Of course, I’ll be happy to share gas cost.
Feel free to send email to dirkvandyke$gmail.com (substitute @ for $). Thanks,
-Dirk

swaite, July 17, 2011 at 8:39 am

I have a definite ride so you can strike me off the list and move to the next needy person.  Thanks so much for all the offers, bikers are awesome!  See you all on the road!

AustonM, July 18, 2011 at 11:59 am

Hi, I’m looking for a ride to Glenwood from Davenport on the 23rd. No additional rides are needed afterward.

Please contact me at austonm $ gmail.com (obviously, replace $ with @)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters