Join Us in July - Register Today!

Bus Insurance

Who is everyone using for Bus/RV insurance? We have an old bus to RV conversion and I can’t find coverage this year. Old companies we used to use have changed guidelines and we get declined by underwriting based on the use of the bus. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

4 Replies

ciscore, April 2, 2015 at 3:37 pm

Anyone?? I’m having a REALLY hard time finding insurance this year.

KRIS, April 5, 2015 at 9:09 am

National general is the only insurance company in the country that I know of that will insure a bus conversion. You must be sure to tell them that the conversion is already complete and they will ask you to send pics. They only do 6 month terms and liability only. Unfortunately my rate went from 120 a term to 350 a term due to rate changes in mn. Iowa may be cheaper but you really have no options. A lot more info can be found on the skoolie forum. Just search skoolie under Google

ciscore, April 7, 2015 at 8:07 am

I tried National General as we used them a couple of years ago, but they denied us this time around citing it’s use as the reason. Maybe I was too honest this time when I called them?

Team Sop N Wet, April 23, 2015 at 1:06 pm

The big thing is teams get cheap and cancel their bus insurance after the ride when storing the bus and then try renewing the policy again the next year. This flags it and underwriters do not like this kind of practice and begin to question what the bus use is for. My advise to you is once you get it, keep it, year around. Do not jump around companies that are cheaper. Stick with one even if you have to pay a little more then expected.

Additionally, make sure to explain that this is basically a luggage hauler all week. That helps but its a craps shoot..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters