Join Us in July - Register Today!

Lottery?

Hey! Greetings from Palermo, Italy.

It’s been a few years since I’ve ridden and I’m trying to get things worked out this year (since I’ll be back in the states AND in Iowa!) Can anyone give me a quick update on the probability of making or not making it in?

I know there’s always the possibility of buying a wristband from someone who get’s drawn but can’t go, but wondering anyhow….

Thanks!

7 Replies

Bernard Schwartze, March 19, 2017 at 8:30 pm

I had to sell my wristband last year due to an injury. There were lots of postings; those sell and those looking to purchase. Look in the 2016 forums to get a sense of your chances.

Beyond that, I don’t have enough data to give you a probability. You could join a team too. I’ve seen several postings from teams looking for members. I’ve read being on a team increases your chances in the lottery.

Brian Wallenburg, March 19, 2017 at 8:41 pm

I’d say your chances are really good! …and if you were really desperate, there are day passes available, if that falls through, ride anyway. Someone will carry your stuff, if you’re not self-contained.

RDaryl Daryl, March 19, 2017 at 8:45 pm

Most people looking to buy week long passes after April 1st failed to submit their registration for the lottery. I don’t recall anybody indicating they were not picked in the lottery over the last few years.

Sandaltan ., March 19, 2017 at 9:32 pm

If you sign your waver, pay your fee and register before the deadline you are in. Period.

RIDE RIGHT

Tim TenClay, March 20, 2017 at 8:07 am

Thanks everyone!

Hope to join you in June!

Nico ZZZ, March 20, 2017 at 10:10 am

I had an injury in April 2015 after I had my weeklong pass. I could barely sell it, as there were so many sellers and not enough buyers. I did finally sell “at a discount” my registration for $100 to a rider in early July.
Seems there are more sellers than buyers every year, so if you miss the deadline you should still be able to easily get a pass.
Ride On!

hnschipper, March 22, 2017 at 11:00 am

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone post here that they registered for the ride and was not selected in the lottery.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLV – 2017’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters